Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mod Idea: FF1 rebuild of FF6

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
The idea of of a job system (FF5) has already been discussed in this thread: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...p?tid=1023

I'll quote the most relevant post from it and say it is '"possible" to make a job system, but I haven't personally think about everything that would need to be done it would probably not be easily done.
Edrin Wrote:When I get a chance to finish fixing the magic list patch, I am thinking of rewriting the learned magic system from scratch. I want to make each learned magic just a bit, on or off, like lore blitz and swdtech. Using the same space the magic lists currently use up I could make 81 bit-based magic lists... I could probably take some of those bytes and use them for additional ability lists as well. It would take a major overhaul, but I think its doable. The only downside is I haven't come up with a way to keep percentage-based learning... but if we turned magicite into job crystals, and learned magic through level up or purchasing... it would work out just fine.

You can assign different sprites and palettes to an actor through events. Event commands 37 and 43 are for that:

Code:
Command : Byte widths, including command byte

37 : 3    : First parameter is the object referenced. Gives object A graphics set B.
43 : 3    : Assign palette B to character A

As for the compatibility between FF6LE and FF3usME, you can make a patch of your changes in FF6LE (from a blank ROM) and patch them to the ROM you are using FF3usME with.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Mod Idea: FF1 rebuild of FF6 - by Ghost XIII - 02-06-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: Mod Idea: FF1 rebuild of FF6 - by madsiur - 02-06-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: Mod Idea: FF1 rebuild of FF6 - by Ghost XIII - 02-07-2013, 12:52 PM
RE: Mod Idea: FF1 rebuild of FF6 - by madsiur - 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM
RE: Mod Idea: FF1 rebuild of FF6 - by Ghost XIII - 02-07-2013, 01:48 PM