The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Blank" or "Template" FFVI rom, Disassembly question

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello

Had an idea, was wondering how feasible it would be. Basically, is it possible to remove all scripts, dialogues, etc from the FF6 rom, leaving blank spaces (00 or FF, I suppose) for the insertion of your own? Or going further still, creating a sort of blank map (world, town, etc) with parts labelled as to their address in the rom (say in the upper left hand corner of each "block") (or alternatively a "debug mode" similar to Sonic the Hedgehogs) so a hacker can basically do an interactive building process, eg I know I want Midgar to be at such and such position on the world map, move my player to said location, note its location in the rom, add a town marker, enter the town (blank) and note the locations for buildings and stuff, make the changes to the rom, etc etc.

Too much work? Just a thought.

Also, I am looking for a complete (or as near complete as possible) disassembly of the FF6 rom
  Find

Messages In This Thread
"Blank" or "Template" FFVI rom, Disassembly question - by ntzrmtthihu777 - 12-15-2012, 09:38 AM