The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Terra Recolor, opinions

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
Hi guys. I Recently decided to playthrough FF6 again, 1.3 ushardtype to be precise, and I wanted to refresh the visual experience for myself a little bit just to get another bith of refreshment on my playthrough.

Everything went fine until i came to the point where i started to edit the main character sprites (recolor them to be precise). I decided to try to color em as close to the original amano artwork i could, (since I am an absolute fan of his work but thats besides the point) when I, the hard way unfortunately, had to find out about the palette limitations for playable characters.  

I was working on terra and pretty happy with my result turning this:

[Image: Terra_Branford.jpg]

into this:
[Image: ff6-terra_recolor.png]

(I recomment to save the image and zoom in a bit)

I know its not perfect but It gave me a strong feeling of being as faithful as i can towards the original art, and well yea i was happy with it.

Unfortunately upon inserting it i had to find out that it messed up completely the colors of many other npcs, which was a nogo for me since they looked out of place.

So now i decided to recolor her as faithful as i can with the original terra palette (which is a nightmare). I have no way of coming close to my previous recoloring, but since i never understood how the f**k they came up with the rainbow multi coloring for terra, I still prefer my new colors which i think are fairly ok considering the palette i had to work with.

And now you will probably laugh because the only part i cant decide on are the shoes, so i would apreciate if you could tell me which of the 3 following shoe colorings is smoothest to the eye in your opinion.

Oh and only watch the first 3 sprites please i didnt bother to recolor the other ones since its a bit tedious, and I work on the other ones until i get a bit of feedback.

Again only the first 3 sprites, and please save as and zoom in a bit if its too small for you

Option A:[Image: mkar08.jpg]
Option B:[Image: 2hg8byp.jpg]
Option C:[Image: 2istrab.jpg]

Just go by guts and smoothness to your eyes.

Thanks alot and Cheers, J.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Terra Recolor, opinions - by manakaiser - 10-23-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by Sutebenukun - 10-23-2012, 06:06 PM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by manakaiser - 10-23-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by Sutebenukun - 10-23-2012, 07:06 PM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by manakaiser - 10-24-2012, 08:23 AM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by SSJ Rick - 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by DruidX - 12-04-2012, 09:17 AM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by SSJ Rick - 12-04-2012, 11:28 PM