The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Battle command pointers and general question

Status
None
Hello smart people, I think I could use a bit of guidance.

First question is actually, well regarding the implementation of a modification purposed in this post. I did accomplish removing the failed steal messages, however I haven't managed to edit the animation pointers for any command. I THINK I found the right location, however none of the functions in my ROM are equal to an unedited ROM (for instance CDBE that should refer to "Fight" isn't in the location it should be, the code around it is the same, but not the part that should say "CDBE". I actually found an unheadered unedited ROM for reference to get around most issues like this, not overly productive but it does a certain challenge) The biggest problem though, is I've yet to figure out where the value part of those functions are. I started changing things and didn't get any result at all, not even a crash strangely enough.... so some guidance on this issue would be helpful. Would also like to redirect the "Row" command to do something like open the item menu, not sure if that is possible with the same sort of editing though.

Which also leads into my second question. During my random browsing of all the brilliant ideas purposed around here, I came across one that suggested using the Magitek menu to give instant access to Swordtechs (don't remember who actually said it, but was a good idea for the purpose). This made me wonder though, what if you utilized the Swordtech Charge bar to replace standard Magictek menus? Instead of just having instant access, it would have to charge... The question part of this is, would it be possible by just redirecting some attack functions to swap the two, or would it be a major overhaul? Probably over my head regardless, but it left me wondering.

Another rather odd thing I ran into while swapping in a sprite made by one of the many talented spriters around here. Installing the sprite with the editor is simple enough, and was effective (replaced Shadow's sprite), I didn't change color palette 4 that he normally uses but changed it to use palette 1 for the battle palette. Now I DID do the hex editing for overworld palette use as well, but that's not the odd part. After switching to palette 1 for battle colors, I modified the two red-ish colors from palette 1 to be a bit more red. I done this in gimp on the palette of the sprite and imported it. The strange thing was after I loaded the game, in battle, the two red colors came back white instead of red... not sure what I jacked up with that one....

Thanks for any assistance/help/information provided in advance. I also tend to ramble, alot, if clarification is required let me know.

Messages In This Thread
Battle command pointers and general question - by Catone - 08-05-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: Battle command pointers and general question - by Catone - 08-06-2012, 01:18 PM
RE: Battle command pointers and general question - by Catone - 08-06-2012, 10:18 PM
RE: Battle command pointers and general question - by Catone - 08-07-2012, 03:28 PM
RE: Battle command pointers and general question - by Catone - 08-08-2012, 10:32 PM
RE: Battle command pointers and general question - by Catone - 08-10-2012, 09:41 PM