The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Sprites for hacking project

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 238
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
I'm looking for someone who would like to contribute to my hack by doing custom sprite replacing the portraits. I will need one pose for each character, including a different one for Biggs and Wedge, one for the imp and maybe one for esper Terra, but I'm not sure about the last one yet.

The sprites could be in Romancing Saga 3 style or other style if you're more comfortable with something else, but I don't want some generic 16x24 sprite. The base size is 24x36 but this is not definitive and I could allow something up to 32x36. Remember that the portraits are 40x40 and the idea here is to have something a bit smaller. Some characters could have weapons and the palette would be 16 colors. I would like the sprite to have a similar palette to the original colors, but there could be variations too. The idea is to have a unique pose for each character, like a casting, punching, running or kicking pose. Here's some sample showing how I would like the sprites to look like:

[Image: sample.png]
RS3 and FF custom sprite

I might also need a name plate of a 8x40, 16x48 or 16x56 size for each character, excluding the Imp and esper Terra. Biggs/Wedge would have the same. The class of the character would be displayed and you could use a similar palette but it's going to be a different palette loaded, so it could be a total different palette of 16 colors. The whole name plate idea is not definitive yet and I might remove this idea if my menu layout doesn't work out. The sprites are more important.

My hack won't be out before months or even years so there is no rush but it's a serious project. In exchange, I could spend some hacking time on your project if you have one or compose a custom FFVI song as an example. I will put the same amount of time that you put to create my sprites. The person who would be willing to help me with this won't be able to post his work on this or any other forum, as I want to make this feature unique to my hack. I will however post screenshots of the menu once it is completed and give proper credits in my hack. That's all for now!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Custom Sprites for hacking project - by madsiur - 05-05-2012, 04:41 PM
RE: Custom Sprites for hacking project - by FEOK - 05-05-2012, 05:29 PM
RE: Custom Sprites for hacking project - by FEOK - 05-05-2012, 07:45 PM