The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Changing physical damage calculations?

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hello,

I have been working on a Final Fantasy VI hack for quite some time, and have in the past six months began working with hex coding, changing certain ways the game works and various texts that can not be editted using FF6usME. I've used Cygnus and the C2 bank dis-assembly. One thing I am interested in doing is changing the way physical attack damage is dealt. However, I get the feeling that this is no simple matter, the way it was to increase the damage dealt by GP Rain, or to change the sprite that the Moogle Suit changes you to! There are two aspects of the game's coding I want to focus on. Firstly, I want the effectiveness of battle power (both abilities and regular attacks) to be amplified...allowing for a greater range of damage from smaller attack power. Also, I want to increase the role that player Stamina plays in the defense against physical attacks.

Any help, even if it is ultimately discouraging, is appreciated.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Changing physical damage calculations? - by Marketa Lazarova - 04-10-2012, 07:14 PM