The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Small, unnamed event project

Status
None
Hello.

I am a guy with no ROM-hacking experience whatsoever. And therefore, I ask for your help. You see, I love a girl and I would like to tell her I do. But since we're both gamers and con-goers I would like to do it in a personal, surprising way. My plan is to add a small event in FFVI right after the esper in the mines reacts to Terra and the screen fades to black (you know, about 15 minutes into the game). Here, you would be moved to either a cave or small house and the dreamy screen effect would be used. After walking a bit, you would come across a desk where Edgar sits with his back to the camera. When you talk to him, a battle starts. The esper town theme kicks in and Edgar comes walking from the left. He starts talking, and after a while he spins around and changes into a custom sprite. The same happens to Terra, and Forever Rachel starts. The new character continues to talk, and soon enough the announcement comes. Here, a choice appears and she will be able to tell if she feels the same. Each branch goes to different dialouges but in the end of either choice the screen will fade to black.

So, like I said, I have no hacking experience at all. I've downloaded a few tools, like FFVIusME and tinkered around with, but I have not yet found any way to create new scenes and maps. And this is where you come in. If some kind soul would like to create an easy to understand guide about creating simple events and making custom maps, I would be deeply grateful. The more tools I can use the better too, since I know little to nothing about programming.

I think that's all. I hope you can help, and I will worship you forever if you do. This is really important to me.

Oh, and one last thing. An easy guide over dialogue reactions, like the sad head nod and laughing would be appreciated too. Also, I love your smileys. Objection!

Messages In This Thread
Small, unnamed event project - by Crazynoa - 03-19-2012, 07:00 AM
RE: Small, unnamed event project - by Angelo26 - 03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
RE: Small, unnamed event project - by madsiur - 03-19-2012, 09:43 PM
RE: Small, unnamed event project - by Crazynoa - 03-20-2012, 05:36 AM
RE: Small, unnamed event project - by Angelo26 - 03-20-2012, 05:59 PM
RE: Small, unnamed event project - by Crazynoa - 03-25-2012, 05:38 PM
RE: Small, unnamed event project - by madsiur - 03-25-2012, 07:35 PM
RE: Small, unnamed event project - by Crazynoa - 03-26-2012, 01:53 AM
RE: Small, unnamed event project - by Angelo26 - 03-26-2012, 08:01 AM
RE: Small, unnamed event project - by Crazynoa - 03-27-2012, 04:24 PM
RE: Small, unnamed event project - by madsiur - 03-27-2012, 08:49 PM