Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MP Cost - The Lost 3rd digit

Threads: 36
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 43
Status
None
So, anyone have ideas on this problem and how to fix it?

EDIT - Just to recheck the fix, I changed the pointer at C3/55DE to "A0B05C" then tried again as "A0C0F0" with the latter being my new name. Both Blitz and "Alicorn" show up in the small window, respectively, but both fixes cause the game to crash when clicking the Magic menu. It is only Magic that crashes - viewing other skill menus including Espers works fine, and the game crashes when opening Magic regardless of if any other skill menus were viewed first.

As further bugtexts, changed the pointer to point to SwdTech which is at its original location entirely unchanged - still crashes. Erased the new name entry entirely even when the pointer isn't looking at it, in case that somehow did something - still crashes. Then loaded a back-up rom where no attempts to fix this error had been done. Pointed the error at both Blitz and SwdTech - worked fine with both. Put my new ability name at C3/F0D0 incase of F0C0, just in case - the game didn't crash, but the skill menus were entirely screwed up, like the text had been scrolled up the screen. Changed the pointer back to Blitz, all is well again.

EDIT x2 - And now... I don't know. It's working. At last. I did the D0 fix again, this time it works. I have no clue why. Not gonna question it though. Now all ability names are working, everything is fine. I won but I have no idea how.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
MP Cost - The Lost 3rd digit - by Gi Nattak - 11-22-2011, 01:55 AM
RE: MP Cost - The Lost 3rd digit .IPS patch - by DrakeyC - 08-26-2016, 06:40 AM