The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The colosseum, temporary character , FF6LE and graphics change

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
Hi everyone,

I've been starting to hack FFVI a couple weeks ago and I did some nice custom events so far like a new intro and other events. I wanted to make changes to the world maps but after discovering the bug between FF3USME and the level editor I had to start over and make my changes to the world maps before even touching FF3USME.Anyway I have a few questions concerning multiples aspects of the game data and the editors used for hacking. This site has been a great ressource for me so far so here we go:

1) I want to make the colesseum available in the WOB. I don't think it is a hard thing to do but I would like that the item won and the monster fought be different than what it is in the WOR. I haven't found where this data is stored but my idea would be to created a new "array" with the item number, the monster fought and and the item won. I would then the change the function that check for the data wen you bet an item and depending if a certain event bit is clear (it would be set after the floating continent), it would go check in the new "array" of the WOB instead of the default location. To resume, where is the data and the fuction(s) concerning the collosseum?

2)Another idea is that I would created a new character that would be available only during certain events when you have less than 4 characters(beginning of the WOR, scenarios, beginning of the game for instance). That character would take the place of one of the moogle and there would simply be 9 moogles available instead of 10 for the 3 party battle at the beginning. I would like to give that character natural stat growth and he would be equipable. I would simply average is level when he rejoin later in the game. How can I make a non-equipable character equip weapons, relics and armors? How can give natural stat growth to a character? If someone know what functions to change and where they are in the C? bank, it would be a great help. If I'm able to do this for a character, I would then make Umaro equipable and equiping espers would be limited to a few characters like Terra, Relm or Celes and the others characters would have natural stat growth.

3) Is it possible to use the empty maps in FF6LE? I have been able to created new areas in the existing maps where there is empty space but when I try to edit a unused map number, the level editor gives me an error when I save the level saying that there is too much tiles.

4) Where does FF6LE store the new event tiles or the new NPCs that we created? I have checked where those data are stored but it's not at the end of the NPCs data or at the end of the event trigger data unless I haven't checked properly. On a close subject, is it possible to have more event tiles that what FF6LE limit us?

5) I have realized that there is not much empty space for new monster sprites. I have been changing some monster colors from 16 to 8 colors and that does save some space but sometimes those monsters don't look really good in 8 colors. Anyway, is there a trick to have more space for monsters sprites besides setting the color to 8 bit, erasing some existing sprites or resizing the sprites from 128x128 to 64x64? I'm using FF3SE and I beleive that if I move the monsters sprite data somewhere in the F bank(using a 32 bits expanded rom) and edit the functions related to that data, I won't be to use FF3SE to edit those sprites.

6) I've been starting editing some graphics with YY-CHR. I've chages the treasure chest (sub)tiles and now they look like the treasure chests in Chrono Trigger. I know you can edit the palettes with YYCHR or FFUSME but how can I know in which other (sub)tiles this specefic palette is used? And is it possible to copy/paste a 8x8 or 16x16 sprite(tile) from gimp to YY-CHR or do I have to draw everything manually?

I think that's all for now...If someone can answer only one of those questions, it would be a great help for me.. Thanks in advance.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
The colosseum, temporary character , FF6LE and graphics change - by madsiur - 10-29-2011, 02:06 PM