The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Extracting text from Breath of Fire

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
So, I was thinking of doing some basic text editing for Breath of Fire. While the original translation is better than the Breath of Fire 2 one, this one could use some touching up. Right now, I obviously don't have the skills to insert the script myself, but right now I just want to simply dump the text.

The issues I've been faced with is the lack of table files, as I haven't been able to find any good table generators, much less any guides. I spoke with some people on GBATemp and they recommended I started off simple; in this case, write my translation on a spreadsheets.

If I'm confusing you, I apologize, to sum up, I simply need to find a way to dump both the script and tables from Breath of Fire (USA). I already have a Japanese ROM to make a reference to.

Any suggestions on how to extract it? I won't worry about insertion until I get more hex skills.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Extracting text from Breath of Fire - by the_randomizer - 10-18-2011, 11:43 PM