Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Teaching magic spells through weapons

Status
None
(07-28-2011, 12:44 PM)xJCSx Wrote: Yea I'm kinda confused now as to who's fixed this issue on this thread, who hacked an event, or who still doesn't know what to do lolz so here's just a short video where I wrote everything out in Notepad and showed proof of it working on a non Terra/Celes character.
In the video, Cloud (Edgar) learns Holy from the Mythril Shield BEFORE Zozo. I go over how this was done in the video's notepad.
Wink IDK if this is helpful but just know it can be done :p

I had already figured it out but I'm sure this will be helpful to others.

Long post incoming, but I would like to also share some oddities I've encountered through various testing:

*In Sabin's scenario, recruiting Shadow for some reason causes spell learning to cease, even though MP/AP is still being gained after battle. After Cyan joins, it fixes itself. If Shadow is recruited after Cyan joins, everything still works fine. I wonder if somehow the code that causes Shadow to randomly leave the party affects this? I don't know why Shadow would cause a problem specifically, and that's the only way he's different. Then again, Cyan joining fixes it, so I don't know. Just a minor issue anyhow.

*Gau will not learn any spells from equipment without an esper equipped, no matter what. I've tested dozens of different ways to troubleshoot this, but, at least in my game, he must have an Esper equipped. Not that big of a deal considering most people don't use Gau and by the time you get him, you're not that far off from Zozo. In my playthrough I've made it to WoR and he still will not learn magic without an Esper (Of course, by then it doesn't matter, Espers are equipped for the level-up bonuses).

*The "defend the Esper" event in Narshe (with 3 parties) only allows the first party to gain AP.

*I said before that all temp characters cannot be in battles where AP/MP is gained or else the game will crash. This is not entirely true. It does crash for Biggs, Wedge and the Moogles. For the Ghosts, everything works fine. For Bannon something very strange happens. If he is equipped with anything that teaches a spell and he is in a battle where AP is gained, the person below him will learn the spells from that equipment. I didn't think to try putting him in the bottom slot to see what happens.

Otherwise everything works perfectly. I know there are several people that want to add this element to FF6 a la FF9, as that skill-learning mechanic was popular and following xJSCx's video will definitely work if you can't figure it out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teaching magic spells through weapons - by 123helloaiaiaia - 07-25-2011, 04:56 PM
RE: Teaching magic spells through weapons - by HaloOfTheSun - 07-26-2011, 01:54 PM
RE: Teaching magic spells through weapons - by HaloOfTheSun - 07-27-2011, 02:55 PM
RE: Teaching magic spells through weapons - by HaloOfTheSun - 07-27-2011, 06:19 PM
RE: Teaching magic spells through weapons - by HaloOfTheSun - 07-27-2011, 09:39 PM
RE: Teaching magic spells through weapons - by HaloOfTheSun - 07-28-2011, 06:46 PM
RE: Teaching magic spells through weapons - by HaloOfTheSun - 07-28-2011, 07:06 PM