The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Patch for keeping Shadow around?

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Some Event Editing questions about Shadow. I've gone through the Event Dump looking for what it is that makes Shadow suddenly leave the party in the WoB areas he's in. Also, I've been looking into the code that kills him off if you leave him on the Floating Continent.

I don't want either of these things to happen anymore. I vaguely recall that there's a patch out there already that does this. Does anyone know of it?

Otherwise, I'm going to have to go through these bits of code and figure out what to NOP:
Code:
Shadow leaves commands
CB/9AAE: DE    Load CaseWord with the characters in the currently active party?
CB/9AAF: BE    If character $03 (SHADOW) is in the current CaseWord, call subroutine $CBA3B9

CB/A0EC: DE    Load CaseWord with the characters in the currently active party?
CB/A0ED: BE    If character $03 (SHADOW) is in the current CaseWord, call subroutine $CBA3B9

Questionably a Shadow leaves command
CB/BBB6: BE    If character $03 (SHADOW) is in the current CaseWord, call subroutine $CBBEC4

Shadow leaves, but may be necessary?
CB/BE79: BE    If character $03 (SHADOW) is in the current CaseWord, call subroutine $CBBEDD

Shadow leaves, branches to the text involved
CB/BFD0: BE    If character $03 (SHADOW) is in the current CaseWord, call subroutine $CBBFE9

Messages In This Thread
Patch for keeping Shadow around? - by DjinnAndTonic - 06-05-2011, 12:58 PM