Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Unique Overworld Boss (a la DoomGaze)/Creating New Area Question

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Danke vielmals! This is extremely helpful, especially for a baby (idiot) hacker like me! The only downsides are that attacks w/Czar occur far too often for my liking, and once killed, you can still fight him again. I was hoping for a one-time thing, very similar to Ramuh from Final Fantasy V (you fight him in a forest, and when he's dead, he's gone for good).

Oh, well. I have a sneaking suspicion that what I want to accomplish has a very simple answer, and if not, that it will be discovered someday. Here's hoping!

EDIT: On a related note (tangentally), is it possible to increase the allotted space available for the FF6LE map editor? I've discovered how to successfully expand the base ROM to 32Mb without glitching in FF6LE(using the aforementioned Final Fantasy 3 Map Editor 1.00), but while there is ample space available, there doesn't seem to be any way for FF6LE to recognize how to make use of it. I realize that, like the above, I'm probably being an idiot and missing something painfully obvious, but a touch of guidance would be very much appreciated.

Hmm. Somebody should write a comprehensive FF3usME primer.

EDIT II: Re: DoomGaze's HP, it strikes me that a simple counter variable should contain his HP. It is known that DoomGaze's location changes to a random location upon entering and exiting an interior location, but as the information relating to his maintained HP is not within the battle script itself, obviously it must have something to do with a switch triggered upon operating the AirShip within the WOR. I should think that using the newest version of snes9xw or bsnes's ability to view coding changes as they occur (and more importantly, snes9xw's ability to search for specific changes in game data) would cause DoomGaze's problematic issue to become resolved very quickly.

But then, I am inexperienced, and may therefore be talking out of my hat. A neat trick, considering that I am no ventriloquist.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unique Overworld Boss (a la DoomGaze)/Creating New Area Question - by danyetman - 05-23-2011, 05:17 PM