Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
"Low on HP" spells and "Active if Imp" flag

Threads: 20
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 4
Status
None
(02-20-2018, 10:38 PM)DrakeyC Wrote: * Hide Cowl - Character flees battle when at low HP. (casts Escape, which works fine - single character runs away complete with animation and sound effect)

Just wanted to point out that the exclusive enemy ability Escape ignores the "cannot escape" bit. So, you can escape from all battles including boss battles and the final battle with this ability. You just have to weaken the character wearing the Hide Cowl and have him/her use Escape, then kill off the remaining character(s) to end the battle. This will be treated as a "victory" without killing the boss.

I remember placing Escape in one of Gau's Rage, I used said Rage against the Earth Dragon in the Opera House. Gau ran away alright, and I killed off the remaining characters to see if I would get a game over and I did not. I apparently "won" the battle. Got the 7 dragons remaining text. I assume because some bosses uses Escape, like Kefka, who uses this ability to end the battle.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Fenrir for this post:
  • DrakeyC (02-22-2018)

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Low on HP" spells and "Active if Imp" flag - by Fenrir - 02-22-2018, 11:39 AM