Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help with Minimap?

Threads: 49
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 7
Status
None
Thanks for the tip. After 1 month of intensive work, I've made backups of my backups! I'll make my edits 1 pixel at a time and see how it goes.

Thanks again! I had to put the returners hideout 1 pixel south of where it should be, but otherwise it's done and into final testing!

Okay, a note here for posterity's sake.

i found that Zone Doctor CE had corrupted the WOR minimap, even though I had not done any edits to the WOR. I tried decompressing the graphic from an untouched rom, but got "bad compression packet" when I re-imported it, untouched, into my modified rom. I tried just directly copying the hex block that contained the minimaps in Cygnus, but that not only crashed my rom; it also wiped the memory of my SRAM. I looked back at previous archived versions of my modified rom, and found that the WOR minimap had been corrupted since day 1 of my hacking. I just never knew it because all of my testing was in the WOB.

In a bit of desperation, I applied Madsiur's ips patch from the FF6MMGEN utility. I was hesitant to do that since it changed the palette of the minimap, but it fixed both the WOB and the WOR. I was able to decompress that minimap and make whatever edit I needed without encountering errors upon recompression. So, lesson learned: for minimap editing, Madsiur's minimap is a lot more stable than the one from the base game.

Projects:
FFVI: Divergent Paths (Completed) - a complete storyline and gameplay hack of FF6 that adds Leo as a playable character
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Help with Minimap? - by PowerPanda - 10-16-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: Help with Minimap? - by Gi Nattak - 10-17-2017, 12:38 AM
RE: Help with Minimap? - by PowerPanda - 10-17-2017, 08:22 AM
RE: Help with Minimap? - by JWhiteLXXXIX - 10-18-2017, 12:58 AM
RE: Help with Minimap? - by Gi Nattak - 10-18-2017, 01:48 AM
RE: Help with Minimap? - by madsiur - 10-18-2017, 11:23 AM
RE: Help with Minimap? - by Tenkarider - 10-18-2017, 12:21 PM
RE: Help with Minimap? - by Gi Nattak - 10-18-2017, 06:13 PM