Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Weapons teaching Lore skills?

Threads: 19
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 15
Status
None
(07-10-2016, 08:30 AM)Madsiur Wrote: It depends of a few things. If your weapon upgrades are done in the same way as the paladin shield (weapon X become weapon Y at the end of battle) then it's easy too add a specific lore learning when the weapon is upgraded on a certain character.

Awesome. Yes, that's exactly how I'm doing it. I'm using your "cursed tweak" code to implement the upgrades. It's a simple system of 5 levels for 2 weapons. Would it be possible to have the character learn different Lores with each different upgrade?

Quote:If you have a special event where an NPC gives you a weapon, you could also call right away a custom command that teach lore X.

That's good to know. So I could have the weapons upgraded with the cursed tweak, then talking to a specific NPC who runs a check of my equipment... then if I have the required weapon, she gives me the respective Lores. Would that work?

I'm just throwing these ideas around as I'm not yet 100% sure how I want to make this link between weapon growth and Lore skills. I want each upgrade to unlock different skills, that much is certain.

Quote:Unless I'm mistaken, only Strago has a lore SRAM block, you'd need to reorganize some SRAM to allow more lore learning characters and tweak the code that calls the lore menu entries for your characters.

I see. I have to look into that, then.

Quote:It's not insanely difficult and I'd consider this a good first ASM project for someone who never coded.

I was a little intimidated by ASM until recently but it looks like the next logical step now. Kungfu!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Weapons teaching Lore skills? - by FF6Fanatic - 07-07-2016, 10:56 PM
RE: Weapons teaching Lore skills? - by KnightDude - 07-10-2016, 03:07 AM
RE: Weapons teaching Lore skills? - by madsiur - 07-10-2016, 08:30 AM
RE: Weapons teaching Lore skills? - by FF6Fanatic - 07-10-2016, 01:03 PM
RE: Weapons teaching Lore skills? - by madsiur - 07-10-2016, 07:22 PM
RE: Weapons teaching Lore skills? - by FF6Fanatic - 07-11-2016, 03:58 PM