Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FF3usME "Seek failed" error

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 2
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Mini
SO! Figured it out!

...well...FIXED it. I don't really understand it, so I can't HONESTLY say I "figured it out" ...but it WORKS. lol.

It was the header name. Dr. Meat changed the internal rom name, which made it incompatible with FF3usME. BUT I'm guessing that he made the translation with FF3usME to begin with, because it recognized the rom enough to let me go in and (stupidly) apply the Battle Message hack. ...which, I'm thinking is where the damage set in. It recognized the rom enough to apply the hack to a bank it thought was empty (causing the corruption), and then, when I tried to save it, could no longer locate the file because of the header name difference.

^ This is speculation. I know ZERO things about programing, so this is just a logical guess based on what happend and how it was fixed.

All I did was patch a fresh rom with Dr Meat's hack and then open it up in zsnes to see the edited header name. After I got that, I opened up Windhex and searched for the edited header name, changed it back to "FINAL FANTASY 3 (and like 6 spaces for filler)", saved, and PRESTO. Everything is working smooth as silk. I can even open up the dialogue editer in FF3usMe. BIG thank you to Gi, who was awake enough to point me in the right direction. ^_^

Also, Gi, sorry for leaving you hanging last night! After your last post I had to google like a madman to figure out how to work a hex editor. about an hour later, I had learned about searches, tables, banks, and Listened to Zeemus talk about battle editing, and realized it was all much easier than I thought it would be.

All in all, my issue feels real reminiscent of working the I.T. desk. "...Is it plugged in? ...Did you press the power button?" lol.

Thank you guys!!!

((also, also: Madsiur, I might poke you for those GBA maps/pointers still anyway. I want to break more games, please.)

"Find the crystals? Save the world? ...Who even was that guy?!"  Shrug  

http://rjenyawd.deviantart.com/

Find

Messages In This Thread
FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by Rjenyawd - 12-02-2015, 05:48 AM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by Gi Nattak - 12-02-2015, 05:58 AM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by Rjenyawd - 12-02-2015, 06:11 AM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by Gi Nattak - 12-02-2015, 06:25 AM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by madsiur - 12-02-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by Catone - 12-02-2015, 11:28 AM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by madsiur - 12-02-2015, 12:49 PM
RE: FF3usME "Seek failed" error - by Rjenyawd - 12-02-2015, 02:51 PM