Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ASM coding - Checking battle command in use

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Tried checking against $B5 with no luck, at least it didn't show any signs of pulling the proper values. Think I'm missing an extra line of math somehow, or the mode I'm running in is wrong for how I'm trying. I know the game checks for it at C1/7CDE to access a table of pointers.

I actually merged the two commands at the table you posted, (the Summon command pointed at the MagiTek code), which works as expected. Change a pointer in C1 and it mimics MagiTek exactly, except for the casting animation, which is still pointed to the normal Summon/Casting animation. So at that point the game can still tell the two commands appart despite using the same code in C2. The reason I have to check the command is to seperate them before the commands are loaded into the window during battle, and the only thing I can think of to tell them apart is the command number. If I can get it to check it.

Will check the patch, and recheck the use of $B5, don't see why it would read in C2 and not in C1 less I'm reading it wrong. Thanks for the advice.

Wow, seriously wtf.

Yes, $B5 holds the command number... sometimes...

The reason it didn't seem to work the first time I tried it, it seems to be empty every now and then. When I'm in battle, if the character with the custom command turn comes up first, loading $B5 gets a zero value. If I switch characters, even just hitting the X to skip turn and it goes right back to the same character, loading $B5 then will produce a proper result.

This doesn't happen just during the first turn either. Seems every time that character's turn comes up directly due to a full timer, it loads a zero and skips the check. Opening the command window, then closing and reopening it still returns a zero value as well.

Frankly.... wtf.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: ASM coding - Checking battle command in use - by Catone - 11-29-2015, 08:58 AM