Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
FF6 ROTDS first time run playthrough

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Watching video 52 made my Saturday night. Don't get me wrong, the video lags a lot and then there's some abuse of the fast forward button on the game, which makes watching it very uncomfortable and not enjoyable.

The lag and then speed up makes it look like Zemus is casting "Zeemis' Fury" which reminded me of Madsiur's intense feelings towards a certain person on this forum who loves pokemon so much and insists on making unpopular game hacks with his team of "25+ people"...good times.
The next hilarious thing I saw was the Meteor spell doing 850HP damage to Kefka/Zuriel, while Flare did ~1700HP of damage. Was that intentional? I always thought Meteor was stronger than flare, and both are non elemental attacks. If flare is stronger than meteor, then why isn't poison made to do more damage than ultima?

Moving on...I had forgotten that I coded the floating continent climax event and that it could cause seizures. A disclaimer should be added at the start of the game that this hack has seizure-inducing events. For a moment I thought Fusoya was actually Mike when he asked the almighty Golbez "Uh, can you cast meteor" kind of thing. In the battle against Zuriel/kefka alone, a scan spell reveals kefka has only ~3700HP. Is this intentional as well? I would have thought the all powerful, 3000 year old sorcerer would have more HP than that. 9999HP at least. Seeing the 3700HP just makes it anti-climatic.

Then I got bothered by the fact that shadow/oboro joins Golbez and Fusoya in an epic clash between Heroes and Foes. The whole point of the battle was to recreate the clash between FF4 Characters and the game's final boss. Adding oboro makes it non-epic. I don't remember coding that specific event to include shadow in it.

But in spite of all that, I had fun watching the video tonight. James' sprite work is amazing to say the least. The only thing I was very impressed about while watching this video was noticing that the statues were resprited to resemble Xdeath, Zeromus and Dark Cloud. Great level of detail James!

Messages In This Thread
RE: FF6 ROTDS first time run playthrough - by Angelo26 - 07-25-2015, 10:49 PM