Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
CotG hack in two CDs?

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
Quote:No FF6T is on one ROM. He expanded the monsters that's all.
This is what happens when i listen my bro Laugh

Quote:The only way to do that is to rename the SRM file to the name of the second ROM.
Actually my idea was to put all inside a zip, opening it, you extract 2 folders named Disc 1 and Disc 2, inside them there's two patches with the same name(you know it's different due to the name of their folder)
Yet it might be confusing? There's no doubt that according to the player they would handle those files in their own way... dunno what to do here... any suggestion on what would be more user-friendly is well accepted. Wink

Quote:It's not possible to load a vanilla save because it breaks the mod due to SRAM modifications. It was not made in a way to prevent people using save files found on the internet, at least it wasn't the sole purpose of those modifications. If you want to avoid someone of using a "random" save, make your mod to be unplayable with a vanilla save.

Edit: This is not even a 100% sure way to prevent cheating or event skipping. One could use the first save of your hack and then edit the SRAM directly in order to skip parts.
What kind of SRAM modifications, for example?
Some example of what kind of edit would make a vanilla save, or another mod save would be cool, meanwhile i have an idea for dealing with cheating and skipping: at the start of each bossfight of the storyline a battle var checks its value: if the value is not the expected one, then a battle quote says something like "CHEATER!!!" and someone uses Special attack with the animation # above 40... the one which resets or freeze the game Tongue
Each time a boss is killed, then that battle var is incremented by 1, so you expect that against Whelk that var should be equal to 0, against Marshal equal to 1, and so on.

Another thing i might want to do with my hack could be erasing Veldt from the face of earth: in the second rom the player would fight some enemy he still have to meet in WoR and it's not good... especially if they're bosses!
Even worse, if i use that trick to deal with cheaters, then for no reason i should allow the player to meet defeated bosses again, or the battle var will be skrewed and/or the game crushed Laugh
What should i do to make it happen? is erasing Veldt map tiles from the maps enough or i have need to do something else or different?
If i remove Veldt, then i'd probably make learn rages just meeting the enemy, like in Beyond Chaos mod.

Quote:Edit2: Also don't use the word "CD" when talking about a SNES hack. It is really misleading Tongue
Whoops, maybe i made you somehow think i did some hardware work with my hack, before reading the thread? Tongue Unfortunately no...
It's just that it reminded me when PSX FF games and other titles had more Discs inside the cover...(it was due to lack of space, but it was really cool)
So i used that term for my hack.

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
CotG hack in two CDs? - by Tenkarider - 07-07-2015, 11:18 AM
RE: CotG hack in two CDs? - by madsiur - 07-07-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: CotG hack in two CDs? - by Tenkarider - 07-07-2015, 04:36 PM
RE: CotG hack in two CDs? - by Catone - 07-07-2015, 06:41 PM
RE: CotG hack in two CDs? - by Tenkarider - 07-08-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: CotG hack in two CDs? - by Catone - 07-08-2015, 11:56 AM
RE: CotG hack in two CDs? - by Tenkarider - 07-08-2015, 03:30 PM
RE: CotG hack in two CDs? - by madsiur - 07-08-2015, 04:34 PM
RE: CotG hack in two CDs? - by Tenkarider - 07-09-2015, 10:48 AM
RE: CotG hack in two CDs? - by madsiur - 07-09-2015, 12:13 PM