Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
SNES - Playstation prototype found after 25 years

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
When I say I could build it... actually yeah I don't see why not.

The insides of a PS are pretty straight forward. Little closer to a CD player than a computer though. Several years ago there was a wiring diagram where someone mapped out a PS memory card and wired it into a computer serial port, then performed read/write operations so even if you were going to go the route of a micro computer using emulators, butchering a PSone and hot wiring it to a computer motherboard is legit.

As for the snes side, I've never gutted one (still have my first, one and only and it still works, course so does my atari but I have seen the inside of it) anyway, the point, electronics from the snes time were simple to splice and wire. Pretty tolerant to being hotwired that is. So still possible.

The issue with the computer route would be the time frame. I only know for a fact that computers could be that small in the 2000 area, but not high priced then either so maybe around for years before. The software for emulation would be another factor, was there even understanding of that stuff back then? The time frame on this? I'd lean toward, if homemade, it would be two systems spliced Frankenstein style.

Being that it doesn't have any giant bolts, or burn marks from the lighting used to give it life, also the logos and such, if it is a homemade job they did damn good.

All that being said, the plastic of the top and bottom looks to have come from two seperate places. Frankly the bottom half looks like its spent several years in the house of someone who smoked alot. (Only time I've seen that shade of plastic). The top half looks fairly new and polished.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: SNES - Playstation prototype found after 25 years - by Catone - 07-04-2015, 02:03 PM