Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SNES - Playstation prototype found after 25 years

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
As for the original device, I could build something similar without much effort. Just cram a PS and a SNES hardware in one box, dress it up, etc. They'd work independently but would still be a one box deal. Software wise, still wouldn't be a huge issue with emulators and such. The OS would just have to detect or ask which one to boot at startup if the builder was going for a truely combined system. Another route would be build it based on a micro computer (yes I have built computers that size before, used a 64mb SD card for a harddrive) then add in the adapters for SNES controller to USB, and program your own OS. Tis possible, still cool either way, factory or homemade.

As for playing "ROMs" on a PS, I chipped an original PS to play homemade disk once. Issue was you had to turn the power of the laser up in order for it to read non-factory disk, obviously playing for 20hours straight with a cranked up laser cooks things... yes mine cooked.

Another note, Dreamcast could be made to boot up just about any cartrage console game via emulator. Personally I made a disk for Atari, NES, and SNES games. I'm pretty sure it would do genisis consoles but getting up to N64 and PS don't remember if it had the power to run it.

My favorite was still playing games from a harddrive installed in the original PS2's. PS2 quality with cartraige load times.

Computers and emulators are still my perfered method though.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: SNES - Playstation prototype found after 25 years - by Catone - 07-04-2015, 08:11 AM