Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Re-Asking Questions not quite answered!

Threads: 21
Thanks Received: 40
Thanks Given: 3
Status
Auto-life
Many questions in this forum are technical and they can't be answered without specialized knowledge. Even if everyone want to help, they may be unable to answer the question because it is out of their area of expertise. You shouldn't take it as personal.

About your question here, i have nothing more to add to the discussion. It is why i didn't give you a reply. Instead, I will repeat what i already said, in hope it may be helpful.

In the past i tested the patch and it worked for my rom (english, version 1.0, with header). However, it doesn't work in your rom. It is probable that your rom is the incorrect rom for the patch.

There are two versions for this rom in english: 1.0 e 1.1. The version 1.1 has the bug fix for the sketch bug. Unfortunately, this fix shifts a considerable amount of data and code. For the player, they look identical but their code addresses are different in specific segments. Patches aimed for the version 1.0 may or may not work for the version 1.1, based if the original code or data was shifted a few bytes because of the bug fix. You may also have a rom without a header when a header is necessary.

You emulator or specific tools can tell you technical information about your rom. The assembly files are from the version 1.0. You can also check them and verify if the original bytes weren't shifted or altered somehow by editors or another patches.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Re-Asking Questions not quite answered! - by HatZen08 - 06-28-2015, 11:22 PM