Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted!

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
Definatly trying to remove any hope of camping, even more so the idea of camping with one party and killing with another. At a minimum I think I'll cut camping with three parties, you'd just end up getting swarmed with a never ending wave if you don't advance. Second, while I was opening the map to fit more PC's and several more soldiers (more so than I had first planned) I also opened up more paths for them to advance through. That should limit the ability to camp easly with two parties. Even with extra PCs and Health skill, an average level party, or at least one of them should eventually be overwelmed without help if you don't advance. I think I've also partially got it planned to bite you if you advance to fast, or with only one party. One strong party running ahead wont be able to stop everything from getting by, leaving the other two campers to get swarmed. Of course I'd also like to avoid traffic jams and pileups in general, but if the player tries to camp at all it probaly wont go well.

As of right now I'm going through the code that sets the parties in position and then to the part for character swapping before the battle for arranging equipment. Still looking forward to planning the actual assult. I mean REALLY looking forward to it.

Honestly, and I'm already working it out as I'm going through, I'm planning the attack from the Empire's side of the field. The only thing I don't want to do is increase the enemies stats in battle. That doesn't mean I won't resort to launching soldiers out of catapults or calling in the airforce. The Empire is getting a tactical upgrade, and more ideas from Kefka if need be.

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-16-2015, 07:36 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Jeff - 03-16-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by madsiur - 03-16-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-16-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-17-2015, 10:06 AM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Jeff - 03-17-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-18-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-18-2015, 03:57 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-18-2015, 09:58 PM
RE: Narsh Battlefield Ex... Boosted! - by Catone - 03-20-2015, 09:38 PM