Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Event bits in ASM and World Map Load events

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 26
Thanks Given: 21
Status
Zombie
I'm still leaning toward my code doing something it shouldn't.

As far as what your saying, it couldn't. The part of code I cut into is nothing but an RTS. So, unless both of my bit checks pass it still ends in a RTS. If they pass it goes to the chocobo, then back through my code again when the character and airship is drawn on the world map (the reason I had never ending chocobo rides before I cleared the second bit checked) and back to an RTS after the checks fail.

That being said, the branch to "chocobo mode" could be the issue. Something might be getting bypassed thats important. It doesn't make any sense that an odd jumps to chocobo mode would break entering the airship map but...

I'll go back and look for a difference in how I'm getting to the bird and see if I can enter the normal line of code any higher in case I'm missing something. Hey, its something to try, thanks for the suggestion.

I'll be damned it actually might not be my code. Took out the jump to "chocobo mode initialization" and everything seemed to not crash.

So now I have to go back and find a better way to get to the bird then. ... hopefully

The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Event bits in ASM and World Map Load events - by Catone - 03-06-2015, 04:03 PM