Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Elemental priorities and ignore damage...

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
C2/0C1C: 80 2C ?!?
Damn, i copied 2 extra byte from the absorb code!! Laugh what a shame...

So XOR FF was the right answer, huh? At the beginning i thought to use OR FF, but i was aware that it would lead to the same result of attempt 2 and 3.
Man, when i don't know what to do, XOR is often the answer, i should learn better when it's required...
So, what did it do anyway? If i understood correctly, all absorb/immune/halve elements were counted as 1 in that moment, the others were 0, with XOR FF they become 0 and the others 1, right? then BIT combines the elements used in the attack with the accumulator, but i don't remember how... could you explain that to me? for the sake of my knowledge, you know...

Anyway i fixed that stuff and added XOR and now it worked perfectly!! you're the man, Drakkhen Wink

@catone: it wasn't so hard as you thought, after all... something crazy would have been doing math with element affinities. (weak + absorb = neutral, halve + weak = + 50% damage, etc...)
I was just one step from the solution this time, the lesson is: never back down... i suggest you the same for your magitek armor hack, which is quite tricky.

2) This one should be easy:
I found this line in damage formula of disassembly:
C2/0CC9: D0 57 BNE $0D22 (Branch if ignores defense)

Say i replace D0 57 with EA EA...
Will that mean that ALL the possible attacks(including Umaro relics, tools, throw on flying monster weapons, etc...) of FF6 won't be anymore able to ignore defense?

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elemental priorities and ignore damage... - by Tenkarider - 01-25-2015, 09:07 PM