Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Elemental priorities and ignore damage...

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
@catone: there's an HUGE reason, with this new priority this will happen:

weak > no change > halve > immune > absorb

"No change" is a must, say you leave no change as last in the priority: now some stupid stuff will happen... if you're hit from a 2 element spell... say fire + wind, if you absorb fire and are immune to wind, then the damage will be 0 as planned, because i want that you must absorb both elements for absorb the whole damage.

What if you absorb fire and "no change" to wind? "no change" will be ignored and so you'll absorb the damage... pretty much convenient and stupid, since the result would have been worse, if you were immune to wind(kinda like a paradox)... that's why "no change" must be second only to weak.

The problem of those checks is that they are good only to say if none or all the elements are flagged as halve/immune/absorb... what i believe i need is to make "no change" check true if there's at least one element which is not flagged as halve/immune/absorb
On a side note i might have some new idea, but i cannot guarantee anything.

@Madsiur: oh, i thought all you were used to hex code... i also thought that you wrote the asm near just to made it more readable to the others.
Could i have been wrong until today, thinking that FF6 hackers directly hack the hex code using raw hex? I always did in this way, but only because i was almost sure that there was no way to use a program that allowed to open the rom as an assembly code(or an higher level language)
Well Abyssonym did the randomizer using Python, so i guess i was definitively wrong Laugh

I'll post the ASM version later, now i cannot do it...

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elemental priorities and ignore damage... - by Tenkarider - 01-25-2015, 01:38 PM