Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Starting my very first FF6 hack and had some basic questions.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
(09-08-2014, 12:55 AM)ArkthePieKing Wrote: Aaaaand now I'm gonna be self conscious lol.

Even if GrayShadows didn't have an easy solution for that last one, making a list of five things to hack into the game and having four of them actually be doable is a pretty good track record compared to many. Smile

(09-08-2014, 12:55 AM)ArkthePieKing Wrote: I need to start planning out the SwdTech list, as well as the spell lists and possibly the Dance lists if I decide to edit that. I might not since it's already quite naturey as it is. I'm also undecided if I want the Magicite to have summons attached to them still. It seems like it would be clunky for what I'm trying to do. I keep fluxuating back and forth in my head.

Yeah, just keep thinking and eventually you might come up with a way to do it that just hits the nail on the head, so to speak.

(09-08-2014, 12:55 AM)ArkthePieKing Wrote: Edit: So I think I know how I'm going to handle the Ragnarok issue. At first I was really worried about trying to come up with a unique relic for every single enemy you can fight, but then I had an idea. What if it was done via grouping? Aka you get a rat's soul from every rat type enemy (were rat, peeper, etc.). I could come up with a few different soul types, and then assign that grouping to each group I'd like to run. I might run into a limit of how many enemies I can run though. I can't look it up now, but I think there's 16 different Ragnarok tables? So that should be plenty, and allow for an interesting customization aspect to Jago. Now to come up with something equally fulfilling for Zaida. I think I might just make her relics buyable in shops. Think that's too boring though?

Yeah, having the Relics organized by enemy type should be great to limit the explosion of Relics while still making it easy for the player to deduce which enemies to bother morphing. It seems like a reasonable solution to me.

While having Relics bought in shops isn't as interesting as the idea for Jago, it's not as though it's really going to be too boring exactly. After all, that's how most RPG's are implemented anyways.

Quote:Aaaaaaactually, it'd be a fairly simple process to code an item that gives you magicite -- it would make it a two-step process (Ragnarok morphs enemy into item, you use item to grant you Magicite/Esper/Soul), but I could probably code it up in half an hour. Probably less. If you still want to go that route, I'd be happy to do it up for you.

Sweet! I pegged the odds that this would have a convenient fix at around one in four (from my non-ASM perspective), and it's nice when these things work out.

Confused Moogles FTW

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting my very first FF6 hack and had some basic questions. - by Lockirby2 - 09-08-2014, 11:07 AM