Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Starting my very first FF6 hack and had some basic questions.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 10
Thanks Given: 8
Status
Well-Fed
Quote: If I assign a non-magic ability like a lore or blitz to a piece of magicite, will it show up in the correct menu? That will really help determine what I want to do.

As it stands now, definitely not; the esper system is set up only to accommodate the 54-spell magic system. That said, it's theoretically feasible to do what you're thinking of, especially if you're only looking at two playable characters -- you're going to need some additional RAM to store 'percentage learned' for the other abilities, but you free up 54 bytes of RAM for each character not learning magic. (Although, come to think, there's probably enough unused SRAM to accommodate learning each Lore... Hmm. I'd have to sit down and actually look at numbers, but this miiiiight be workable with existing unused SRAM...)

The complicated part will be the coding to set various bits (in the 'SwdTech/Blitz/Lore learned' byte) when a given byte reaches 100%. Complicated, but by no means impossible.

Current Project: FF6: Tensei | Discord ID: TristanGrayse
  Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting my very first FF6 hack and had some basic questions. - by GrayShadows - 08-25-2014, 08:09 PM