Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Starting my very first FF6 hack and had some basic questions.

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 13
Status
Double
Welcome Ark!

Editing maps is actually reasonably easy, as there is a tool for map editing. You can find the LE in the Tools section.

I don't believe that you will be able to allow Espers to teach skills other than Magic to characters without some deep ASM, unfortunately.

The first thing that popped into my head when it came to soul-stealing was to give Jago an attack with a Ragnarokish effect. It could transform enemies into unique Relics (as you mentioned) that only he can equip. Just an idea if you feel like rolling with that.

Event editing requires the Hex Editor, but there is a clear tutorial in this thread:

https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showth...hp?tid=802

Since you were able to make an event in FFT, I suspect that you should be able to do this as well.

I can't help much with the spriting, as that's not really my forte. However, you can use the vanilla sprites as placeholders for the moment. If you get to the point where changing the sprites over is pretty much all you have left to do, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody would be willing to take a request at that point to help you out (if you can't do it yourself with some help).

Good luck!

Confused Moogles FTW

Messages In This Thread
RE: Starting my very first FF6 hack and had some basic questions. - by Lockirby2 - 08-24-2014, 01:25 PM