The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Condemned Spell Pointer?

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 1
Status
None
All right, so I'm working on a hack that involves a major overhaul of the spell/skill set. Essentially, I've made the 24 black spells into low-, mid-, and high-level elemental spells. In particular, I've changed the spell Doom (the spell at offset 0x0D, the 14th spell) to a spell called "Seism" that uses the Quake animation; and moved Doom to where Osmose was (at the 0x29 offset).

Interestingly, I noticed while fighting a modded Vargas that uses Doom Fist on a regular basis (sets Condemned status) that when the Condemned timer reaches 0, the effect is to cast Seism! That is, the Condemned timer reaching 0 has the effect of casting whatever spell is at the 0x0D offset.

Hit

I would actually like it to cast Doom. Does anyone know which hex offset controls the behavior of the Condemned status? I've milled around in the ROM endlessly looking for some kind of clue, but I'm not sure I'd recognize the code for it if it slapped me across the face. I'm reasonably sure that it's a jump to a subroutine that factors in 0x0D somehow. If I could find the address of the subroutine for casting spells, that'd be a start.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Condemned Spell Pointer? - by rhodox - 08-11-2013, 02:17 AM
RE: Condemned Spell Pointer? - by Synchysi - 08-11-2013, 12:37 PM
RE: Condemned Spell Pointer? - by rhodox - 08-11-2013, 06:58 PM
RE: Condemned Spell Pointer? - by Synchysi - 08-11-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: Condemned Spell Pointer? - by rhodox - 08-12-2013, 02:17 AM