The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 895 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 895 errorHandler->error

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need some assistance with my hack, maps, events, graphics

Threads: 62
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Regen
I don't want to give away the project details since my FF6 mod is still secret but I am going to need some help. What details I can release is that I'm porting a non-Square RPG from the SNES over to FF6. That's right, a complete game rewrite! If all goes well and the community likes the final product I'd like to do a true sequel. I'm also going to be doing this as a complete in box reproduction as well with TimeWalk Games. I should be able to get free copies for those major contributors who help out the most. Talk about a good incentive! :D The more you can do the better, I'd almost prefer to have the least amount of people possible...I know that sounds weird but the smaller the group the more efficient it is. While I don't have a definitive deadline for release I'd like to have a good steady amount of progress at whatever pace suits you as long as progress is being made.

Progress so far:
-I've already got 70-75% of the storyboard and planning done.
-The overworld map is sitting at about 50%.
-The items are 95% done.
-The magic, characters and etc related data is at 5%. :(
-Fonts and menu window graphics are 100% done.
-Music is 85% complete. :)

What I need the most help with:
-Maps. I need someone to assist me or take over drawing the game's area maps. This is the most time consuming part of the redesign. I'm going to use FF4Tools to roughly design what ideas I have on paper of what the areas should look like to give a better visual representation to use as a rough template for the mapper.
-Graphics. More specifically characters and NPCs. I'm not a spriter and don't pretend to be.
-Graphics part deux. More specifically battle backgrounds and assistance creating a title screen based upon the original game's design. I'm doing a splash screen intro but would like the actual in-game's title screen to be changed as well.
-Graphics part trois. Replacing/removing the translucent little overword map in the corner of the screen. I'd prefer to remove it and the position red dot altogether.
-Events. Once the maps are done I'll need some assistance coding events. The good news is the game I'm porting is so simple the events won't be too much of a headache. :) The hardest part here is creating the title, intro and the ending.
-Music. I've got music covered between myself and Nattak! :D
-Assembly. Things like changing the damage formulas, changing what the character stats affect and other misc items that if told would give away the project. ;)
-Magic and weapons. While I can do this stuff myself mostly I would like an expert to assist/take ownership here and also to give his or her input to use an additional smart brain for another perspectives to more accurately represent the original game's feel. I'd like to have a new magic menu done loosely based on how the Lore menu looks but with 14-16 spaces for names and possibly having the ability to learn them at various level ups.

Any takers? Please feel free to use this topic to ask questions and discuss what I've posted above. Just don't ask what the game is or ask questions that would reveal the game in question. :D

Lastly, please no requests for beta testers. I cannot stress this enough, beta testing is so far in the future I don't even want to see the words "beta test".

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Need some assistance with my hack, maps, events, graphics - by JCE3000GT - 06-28-2013, 01:55 PM