Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Terra Recolor, opinions

Threads: 11
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I don't think "bad" or "crappy" is very considerate since there personal opinions and could have been worded "not what i'm aiming for" and been the end of it. People put a lot of there own time and share there works FOR FREE. There isn't very much available online for FF6 custom sprites. There's a time and place for constructive criticism like your asking for right now but slaming others work in your thread just doesn't seem very polite to me. I'm not trying to come across as rude or be an @ss btw, im just saying we're all artists donating our works for all to use and we should all show each other respect even if we're not fond of some peoples work. I've seen some modders stop sharing works all over disrespect. i for one would rather have MORE modders and resources available to choose from not less. Rant over....

recolors are a hit and miss around here. it seems most love or hate em. theres not much middle ground. Poco for instance from his posts i've gathered isn't fond of them. I myself prefer custom and its adds a more freshness then changing some colors, my opinion. BUT, with that said i also think recolors have there place, i wish there were actually TWO subforums in the exchange one for custum sprites and one for recolors. this would solve a LOT of the issue people who are not fond of one or the other or who prefer a group that share there like interest. I use recolors and im sure most have as you almost have to use recolors when altering pallets at some point.

I have to disagree with your view on the caped terra, which i believe is Pocos. i think it looks better blonde and i recolor the odd purple skirt into a miniskirt, but it's a damn good sprite. I actually plan to use that sprite in my mod. I LOVE the hair on that sprite! One thing to keep in mind is all sprites i think look like crap close up, say in paint or ff6usme. When viewed in game on an emulator and you have a decent renderer selected it's a completely different ballgame. When ran on 3x i think the hair looks amazing for being 16bit. i actually design my sprites to run on 3x and always have to go back and tweak them to match the setting. You had a small taste of the pallete issue and we all have to adjust as best we can within the limitations. once you make a custom sprite you have a new respect for the work some have achieved when considering the pallet problems, limited tile size, and shared tiles that fight you at every turn. I've scrapped more sprites than i have finished once i've realized that with shared tiles my design just wont work within the limits of the game in a few frames making the whole sprite worthless. It took 3 complete remakes to get my Esper angel Trance finished with all the limitations.

Option A is my favorite recolor btw.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Terra Recolor, opinions - by manakaiser - 10-23-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by Sutebenukun - 10-23-2012, 06:06 PM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by manakaiser - 10-23-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by Sutebenukun - 10-23-2012, 07:06 PM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by manakaiser - 10-24-2012, 08:23 AM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by SSJ Rick - 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by DruidX - 12-04-2012, 09:17 AM
RE: Terra Recolor, opinions - by SSJ Rick - 12-04-2012, 11:28 PM