Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Scarlet sprite sheet

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Astaroth (Willy) And actually Omega as well; there is something you need to start doing...

that is placing the images in a [ img ] [ /img ]

linking us forces us to look at it at the other site and often the stupid tool icons block a good deal of them. Go to image details and copy the link that has the [img] thing on it and paste it on the site instead...it makes for a far easier looking experience.

I already changed it for you; so it would be easier on the people who are looking at these, just use the above for future reference, thank you.

ON A SIDE NOTE: You don't have to give use every detail on what you used to make your sprite, unless you used custom poses from a certain sprite sheet by a certain spriter (for example your Maria sprite sheet you used a couple of my custom poses) there is no need to say anything. The only time you do say it is if you did in fact use a pose in which that person is given partial credit since they created the pose and you the new sprite in it.

NOW ONTO BUSINESS: This is not a bad start. If you are making Scarlet from Final Fantasy VII use this for a reference http://it.finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Scarlet

First and foremost you need to fix the hair, almost entirely. You will have to use two blonde colors (one light one dark) and a reflection color (white) The white will already be available to you. Now you need to extend the bang on her right side and shorten the one on her left on the sprite facing us. The pony tail on the side sprites needs to be reworked to look more wild; and the back sprites it definitely needs to be changed.

You already know to resprite the knocked down sprite so I'll pass over that, but here's a tip, use another knock down sprite for a reference.

The shading of the dress must be better, she wears a form fitting slim cocktail dress, thus the pillow shading above is a no go; once again look at other sprites to get a grasp on how to shade the dress.

Get rid of the bare skin showing on the dress, it just looks odd and appears to be an error (that's due to the way the sprites are formed and is no fault of yours)

once again the hair needs more shading and there needs to be a very good discernible break between her dress and her shoes, especially because they are the same exact color.

Oh and before I forget; make her eyes normal, she may be a right evil B.i.t.c.-you get it; but she doesn't inherently look angry.

That's all I can say for now so good luck, remember to post in [ img ] [ /img ] format next time. Those are all the suggestions I can think of at the moment.
  Find

Messages In This Thread
Scarlet sprite sheet - by Astaroth_ - 09-16-2012, 11:07 AM
RE: Scarlet sprite sheet - by OmegaWeaponV5 - 09-16-2012, 03:31 PM
RE: Scarlet sprite sheet - by madsiur - 09-16-2012, 04:12 PM
RE: Scarlet sprite sheet - by Astaroth_ - 09-16-2012, 05:09 PM
RE: Scarlet sprite sheet - by Sutebenukun - 09-16-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: Scarlet sprite sheet - by Astaroth_ - 09-17-2012, 01:36 AM
RE: Scarlet sprite sheet - by Sutebenukun - 09-17-2012, 11:09 AM
RE: Scarlet sprite sheet - by Astaroth_ - 09-17-2012, 10:54 PM
RE: Scarlet sprite sheet - by Sutebenukun - 09-18-2012, 01:40 AM
RE: Scarlet sprite sheet - by Astaroth_ - 09-19-2012, 12:03 AM