Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
Official FF6: Beyond Chaos thread (randomizer)

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(12-12-2016, 08:14 AM)Tenkarider Wrote: good luck, your run might end potentially everywhere

Lol indeed.

"Monster-in-a-Box" has been the underlying theme that has ended every single run so far.

The greed of those treasure chests are what lure me to my doom. I can't help it since I usually find such kick-ass items in them. Tintinabars, Genji Gloves, Late Game Armors......they are just too good to pass up.

Then of course I stumbled upon a MIAB in Banon's Hideout. It was an all-blue color swap of HadesGigas/Borras/Gigantos.....you know - that massive human fighter with the insane physicals.

Well, just like his brethren, he delivered pain swifty.
Physical blows were over 1000 damage - while my poor characters only had ~350 health. Also had a weird special labeled "Fairy" something. I chuckled, as I pondered "how could such a massive guy have an attack named after a little sprite. XD. That laughter quickly turned to tears as it set STOP on my last standing character, which he knocked out cold with a followed up physical.

I'm still pissed at Banon for having such a freakish chest laying around. Hell, at least warn a brotha about the contents of that chest so I can leave it alone. Better yet, leave it at the front door so when the empire raids the hideout, THEY can deal with this wall of muscle dealing out hideous amounts of suffering.

Sad  
  Find

Thanks Received: 2
Status
Prowess
If you're trying to play it without dying, you'll probably have to grind at points. The Fanatics' Tower and the final battle are way too luck reliant without it. Out of all the seeds I've played, I've only beaten the final battle on the first try maybe 2 or 3 times, and I've never beaten the Fanatics' Tower without dying. The rest can be feasibly beaten either by just being careful, or by looking up the relevant information beforehand(which I'm just going to assume you're against, though).

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cecil188 for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (12-12-2016)

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
If you wanna make a permadeath run, then you should know that chests have tiers based on the rarity of the item that was inside it in vanilla...
so each time you pick the item inside a clock or other rare chests you're basically making a gamble with your life, ante up!  Objection!

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tenkarider for this post:

Status
None
(12-12-2016, 11:10 AM)Cecil188 Wrote: If you're trying to play it without dying, you'll probably have to grind at points. The Fanatics' Tower and the final battle are way too luck reliant without it. Out of all the seeds I've played, I've only beaten the final battle on the first try maybe 2 or 3 times, and I've never beaten the Fanatics' Tower without dying. The rest can be feasibly beaten either by just being careful, or by looking up the relevant information beforehand(which I'm just going to assume you're against, though).

You hit the nail right on the head.
I tend to deny myself any shred of "foresight" regarding the run. I like to stand by the "Call 'em as I see 'em" style. I just love the suspense element that each new run provides; What skills am I going to start off with.....What am I going to grab out of this chest/clock this time......what type of freak encounters are roaming around in Zozo's streets....etc.

In regards to Fanatics Tower:
Ehhhh........Yeah.....not even going to give that construct from HELL the time of day.
Everyone says that - unless you have the Moogle Charm -  you're all but guaranteed to encounter the Meteor spell there, and that's basically going to be R.I.P. run to anybody doing a BC adventure. Considering that the RNG of various seeds theoretically can plant the Gem Box anywhere else on earth in the WoR, I doubt I'm going to muster up any incentive to assault the Tower. I'd be better off taking my chances and rolling the dice (both figuratively as well as literally) inside the Colosseum.

@ Tenkarider

Is that so?
Do the MIAB's also obey this tier system?

I ask because I'd like to know why a Katansoul/Samurai poser (named: Zilcox Hol) was hiding inside of the chainsaw room chest at Zozo, and was casually throwing around a 2200HP dealing attack, which he referred to as "Tomb Glow"......

Beyond Chaos can get so savage at times..... Hmm
  Find

Threads: 0
Status
None
Glad to know another person entered the fun "Hell" that is Beyond Chaos.

I hope you continue to enjoy it.
Also, keep in mind, there are some changes to the game, that make make you want to go into the Magic Tower of Doom. Smile

I won't spoil them if you don't want me too.

I also would not expect 7 certain bosses in the World of Ruins to be where you normally think they would be. Smile
They move around a bit.

Also, you will never know true hell until you run into Katanasoul on the Phantom Train. Smile
That was my first ever seed.

Strangely, enough, noiseblaster works well on him even if he no longer instant kills himself. Smile

In other news, I saw someone's Beyond Chaos Ancient Cave mode run, and uh, Shadow's replacement apparently thought it was funny to act like Shadow despite being on the starting team. And leaving partway through exploring.

I don't think members who are part of the group you start with should run away. Smile He also is the one that the game defaults to when you go back to the airship.
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DavidB1111 for this post:

Threads: 56
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 84
Status
Atma
yep, that definitely happen: Chainsaw chest is definitely worth a dangerous fight as MiaB

THE GREATEST CHALLENGE OF ALL TIMES AWAITS:
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2593
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SLAY A GOD?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tenkarider's project #2 is started: FF6 Curse of the Madsiur Joke (CotMJ)
http://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=2755
What happens when Madsiur tweaks your account? This full game hack will show that!
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tenkarider for this post:

Status
None
@DavidB1111

Oh yeah - I love me some FF6. This randomizer is better than anything I could've asked for.

Considering I'm doing an "IRON MAN" run (no game overs allowed), I guess I have ALOT of future seeds to look forward to.

Im going to be sharing quite a bit of my triumphs and misfortunes with you gents - as well as everything interesting in between.
  Find

Status
Prowess
The Meteor spell on average does about 3250 damage. It's survivable with a bit of grinding, but you'd need to engineer a setup specifically to deal with it without grinding for an absurd amount of time. The issue is that Abyssonym decided to actually make the Lv90's level 90. They're actually level 55 in vanilla FFVI. If they were still level 55, the tower would be more manageable.

The Gem Box is hit-and-miss, really. It's just as capable of being useful as any of the other command changers. However, it's considered to be a better item due to the fact that it's really good in vanilla, so it's often a better item to bet at the Colosseum, though in return, it's harder to get in the first place. It's also not guaranteed to be in the tower, or even in any chest at all. A lot of the time the top chest in the Fanatics' Tower is a Thunder Shield or some Marvel Shoes or something.

I'm not sure precisely how the MiaB system works as far as tiers, but I have seen that some chests are more likely to contain them than others. Common places for me include the top of Zozo, the Imperial Base, and the Phoenix Cave(of which I believe the latter was balanced for this to happen by Abyssonym, whereas the other two are probably my personal bias).

Also, the Moogle Charm is nerfed, so you're still nearly guaranteed to find a Level 90 Magic regardless of having it or not.

As far as KatanaSoul goes, he's vulnerable to confuse in vanilla, so he's more likely to be vulnerable to it than other bosses.

Additionally, I believe Shadow's random ditching is hardcoded to him, not randomized, similar to Gau's naturally high attack stat, or Umaro's naturally high defenses. It just so happened that Shadow was randomized into the initial party. As far as that goes, it's potentially preferable to have him in the initial party. If he runs away at level 3, you can safely ditch him for the rest of the game(unless he's got something really good). If you get him late game and quickly level him up to level 20 before he runs, it becomes much harder to forget about him, and it ends up being an uncontrollable run ending event unless you've got some easy way to get him back.

Finally, I look forward to the (mis)adventures that are coming. It gets a little hard to always keep going on a seed for me, and it's nice to have other people find interesting highlights to spur me on every once in a while.

The only thing harder than finding a needle in a haystack is finding a haystack in a needle. Laugh
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Cecil188 for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (12-13-2016)

Threads: 0
Status
None
I didn't realize that the running away was hardcoded to Shadow. THat's annoying.

Good points all around, and uh, a guy I'm watching had a run ending issue himself, Tunnelarmor had literally magitek Research Facility armor values. Smile

So, his Falchion was doing about 14. Smile

I was not aware the game actually could generate a completely impossible fight there. No magic, no attacks that can bypass armor, etc.

I mean, sure, he could have spent about 30 hours grinding to be able to win the fight, but I don't blame him for killing the seed and starting over again.

I mean, you'd have to grind a long time to make that defense negligible.

Oh, hey, Quickdraw, what is your streaming platform? Hitbox, Twitch?
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DavidB1111 for this post:
  • Quikdraw7777 (12-13-2016)

Status
Prowess
No breakable items? I assume he had skills like Capture and Steal? No weapons with spell procs? I'd think there's always a way to beat something, but at the same time, I can see that fight being impossible without absurd levels of grinding.

Find