FF6 Hacking
RotDS v2.9.8 download - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Esper World (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-43.html)
+--- Forum: Return of the Dark Sorcerer (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-54.html)
+--- Thread: RotDS v2.9.8 download (/thread-2726.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: RotDS v2.9.5 download - Gi Nattak - 08-24-2023

Hack updated to v2.9.5:

- fixed a possible issue where a seemingly invisible character would show up in the shop menus.
- fixed a possible vanilla issue during the IAF battle where the menu could open after dying instead of it going straight to the game over screen.
- removed a mysterious door opening sound (vanilla thing) after you choose your party on the wob airship.
- made Grimer monster absorb poison.
- corrected an unsynced track in FF7 You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet.
- corrected an unsynced track in Electric Dreams Madeline's Theme.
- fixed a bunch of panning issues with Secret of Mana songs on soundtrack a.
- improved song: Aaron Walz The Time Has Come.
- replaced song: FF9 Black Waltz with a more accurate version.
- added a 'remove splash screen' optional patch.
- added a bunch more optional song patches.

RE: RotDS v2.9.6 download - Gi Nattak - 09-14-2023

Hack updated to v2.9.6:

- fixed a broken strings track in Z3 Death Mountain song.
- corrected octaves on two tracks in Cry-A-Live. (thanks to h.carrell for noticing this)
- corrected a small graphical issue with the bird in Zozo.
- corrected one line of dialog.
- adjusted the reverb in many songs.

Very small update, I couldn't live the couple song blunders.

RE: RotDS v2.9.7 download - Gi Nattak - 10-12-2023

Hack updated to v2.9.7:

- reverted Cloud's custom pose used in Omnislash introduced in v2.9.3 because it conflicts with the extended palette hack, which effected a couple characters, and the Varia Suit. If you have save data already on version 2.9.3-2.9.6, you can press a button combo while in the menu to refresh the sprites: hold down the L and R buttons, and press SELECT. You should hear a chime sound and this will clear the cache. Or you can use the optional patch that removes the suit gfx change.
- the above fix also corrected an oversight with another character having a strange pose when they used Omnislash.
- fixed an ancient bug where Golbez would seemingly unlearn his Fireball and/or Spark spells.
- fixed a bug with a formation in Kefka's Tower that would cause the game to freeze if enough time passed.
- fixed a bug with a random letter being placed before the 'Can't equip!' text in the esper menu, when trying to equip a non-equippable esper.
- fixed a mistake of a bridge piece missing once the map refreshed in the cave to the Sealed Gate.
- fixed a vanilla bug with Morph and the Gem Box, where the character would take an extra step forward. (credit to CDude)
- updated Status Icon Overflow patch by SilentEnigma to v1.2 which fixes a visual bug in the menu.
- applied 'Morph Mayhem' patch by Leet Sketcher, which fixes some potential exploits with Quick and the Morph gauge that can cause the infamous permanent-morph bug. (thanks to Madsiur for getting it to work for RotDS)
- got the 'Mastered Esper' star icons yellow-colored instead of white, with a better star icon. (credit to Ryo_Hazuki and gens)
- changed a couple item icons.
- changed the 'weapon addition magic' for almost all of the weapons that can proc spells, from 1/4th to 1/8th chance of proccing, except for rods (besides the Serpent Rod) which are still 1/4th.
- renamed the monster spell 'Freeze' to 'Frozen Tomb', so it no longer shares a name with the black magic spell.
- increased learning rate of Sylph's Raise from 2% to 3%, and Purify from 4% to 5%.
- increased learning rate of Odin's Holy and Bahamut's Flare from 1% to 2%
- nerfed some of Reaper's 'multiply physical damage by x amount' Souls.
- replaced Doll Astral's Chrono Helm with Vitality Cap.
- changed a couple bets-rewards in the Coliseum.
- swapped a couple treasures.
- gave the monster-in-a-box chests in the WoR art house basement the possibility of being two different formations/battles, instead of one.
- bettered the map fade-in transition when you jump into the Heartless cave, so it doesn't look all janky.
- removed the party receiving a Holy Lance after beating Alduin, and instead made it the drop.
- buffed soul eater boss script by replacing two spells.
- buffed some other late-game bosses.
- slightly nerfed the damage of some late-game weapons.
- moved Doomkaiser down in his formation mould.
- added some code that allows the ability to summon an esper when X Magic is active. (credit to Feanor)
- added optional patch: 'hold_button_to_advance_dialog' patch, which makes it so that holding the 'confirm' button, normally the 'A' button, will advance dialog text, instead of needing to press it. (credit to Feanor)

RE: RotDS v2.9.7 download - Fushikio - 12-18-2023

Hey Just wanted to let you know your wee hack is not only being still played but has the power to move people.

When I played FF7 in um...2004 or so I was so devastated by Aerith I kept her memory card for years. It's possibly still out there somewhere. I finished the game but I never overwrote that one save.

I changed Cloud's name to Daiken( Dai means Big and Ken means sword) because I dunno I've always changed his name likely cause in FF7 he's yer man.

I kept Tifa as Tifa and absolutely love everything about their story and how it's worked into Rise. I got really emotional again avout it and I feel their story is my favourite in this delightful wee game. Tifa is also the perfect balance of a slots character. I use it a lot but she's such a powerhouse I can use her natural magic or her claws if I don wish to deal with reels.

Ir's made me want to replay FF7 again. I initially stopped playin version 1.4(?) because I had trouble with the blitz. It was actually my emulator but I wanted to thank you for making a really big effort to redo every blitz and make them easier.

I could never use Sabin much when I played as a teen because of that. 

I really appreciate all the work everyone put into this.. I think it's wonderful. I've also laughed out loud a couple of times. I don't expect it which makes the comic relief all the better.

As for Ronan, The combat upgrades you did with his brother meant that by the opera I have a team that, yes, yer script is different but I'm still travelling with a party I normally left behind before.

The only other time I I travelled with the two 'siblings' is a person online made a recast of ff6 using the same sprites and he used Terra for Edward and Relm for Sabin. a tiny bodybuilder is a lot of fun too! 

But so is a Ronan!

Anyways, Just wanted to let you know 2.97 is Fantastic.

I'm about to sneak into the Magitech Facility. 

Oh I LOVED that Joffrey and Kal DraCo were in the Opera. Nice touch with the Targaryens dancing too.

RE: RotDS v2.9.8 download - Gi Nattak - 02-24-2024

Upgraded hack to v2.9.8

- removed an insignificant patch that was causing an oddity within the configuration menu.
- resolved a menu-font issue when fighting Oboro at the Coloseum.
- corrected a grammar mistake during Avalon's dream sequence.
- renamed the Combo skill Crippling Strike to Cobra Strike.
- fixed the controller position font in the config menu to be aligned correctly. (credit to Gens and Everything)
- fixed an incorrect octave in song: SoM A Curious Happening.
- fixed a couple missing pixels on the Royal Serin optional patch.
- corrected a solo monster formation from doing pincer attacks.
- added 'skill select menu' optional patch that changes both Limit Break (Sword Tech) and Combo (Blitz) to instead be selected from a menu, like Dance. (thanks to Feanor, original patch by LightPhoenix)
- replaced two songs on 'soundtrack a', one being the WoR airship theme, the other a better version of the load screen menu song.
- added two more changed songs for 'soundtrack b'.
- added two optional song patches: FF7 Judgement Day, Super-R Type Wet as as Fish.
- upgraded Think0028's simple nATB patch to work for Active mode. (credit to C-Dude and RoSoDude)

note: everything that was previously labeled as 'header' or 'no header' is now 'h' or 'nh'.