FF6 Hacking
R.I.P. MCA - Printable Version

+- FF6 Hacking (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discussion Forums (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Darill's Tomb (https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/forum-42.html)
+--- Thread: R.I.P. MCA (/thread-1625.html)

R.I.P. MCA - JCE3000GT - 05-05-2012

Those of you who are old like me will miss MCA (aka Adam Yauch). His influence on music as a whole will be missed. Nothing was more badass back in the day then to put on a Beastie Boys tape and cruise the streets. And I mean on foot with a boombox on your shoulder--yes I'm that old.

Too young to know what a real boombox is?

[Image: boombox.jpg]

^ THAT is a boombox. Somewhere I still have my Yorx...

*edit*
Searching google found what exact model I owned!

[Image: 2u6zm6c.jpg]

Mine was just like that, only in much better shape... It had a detachable walkman and detachable speakers too! Man I gotta find it somewhere. I copied many tapes back in the day on that.

RE: R.I.P. MCA - madsiur - 05-05-2012

I knew MCA had cancer in the past month so it isn't a shocking news but still very sad. The Beastie Boys influence on the rap industry has been huge and I spent my teenage years listening to them. How could I forget "Liscense to Ill" and "Ill Communication"? Those album were really great and I also loved the less known "Aglio e Olio" for the garage/punk side of the group. What is a bit sad is that I never saw them live but their music is however tied to really good memories...

RE: R.I.P. MCA - SSJ Rick - 05-05-2012

whooo I was a little kid when those things were around

RE: R.I.P. MCA - JCE3000GT - 05-05-2012

(05-05-2012, 04:53 AM)Madsiur Wrote: I knew MCA had cancer in the past month so it isn't a shocking news but still very sad. The Beastie Boys influence on the rap industry has been huge and I spent my teenage years listening to them. How could I forget "Liscense to Ill" and "Ill Communication"? Those album were really great and I also loved the less known "Aglio e Olio" for the garage/punk side of the group. What is a bit sad is that I never saw them live but their music is however tied to really good memories...

They personified the phrase "it was about the music" and not money. They along with a bunch of other hip hop groups of the 80's were about the music and life message. Not selling out like anything made after 1992-1993-ish. Hip hop today is garbage, these guys and gals have NO idea what good hip hop is. And those artists that were around back then that still release stuff they have amnesia.

Listen to the lyric of these old school songs, they are so well writen and purposeful. My prime example is Paul Revere from The Beastie Boys. There is a great story told in that song. One of my all-time favorites.

RE: R.I.P. MCA - Gi Nattak - 05-06-2012

Yeah, wow, what a shame. He was so much too young to die. God damn cancer, I swear. Such a rare kind also.. I've been rockin' a Beastie Boys poster in my room for as long as I can remember. And last night we played many BB songs, was awesome. R.I.P.