Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Filipinac's 2018 Sprites

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey guys, I'm have got a Marche sprite sheet from Final Fantasy Tactics.Here is it:

[Image: filipinac-other-march.png]
  Find

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
pretty sure uv been told twice about posting links now

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
yeah bro nobody can see what you're uploading, you gotta read the rules man, they are there for a reason

just put the link in this [img]link to the image[/img] and it will show up

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 44
Thanks Received: 22
Thanks Given: 17
Status
Imprisoned
So i did it for you but it will be the last time, next time we will just remove the post, use imgur to upload your sprite on and get the download links for forums when you post, or do like poco said above please and thanks.
overall its a much better sprite, but i can still see some of locke in there in the back facing poses. and the side downward looking pose the head is still static. overall its pretty good tho
an improvement i reckon. good job. Im serious about the uploading tho

The only limit is imagination. And 16 colors.. I guess 

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JWhiteLXXXIX for this post:
  • SSJ Rick (03-07-2018)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
There's no forum rule obliging users to post images in a IMG tag but it's just the logic thing to do in a lot of cases. Image forum attachments are just a link also so we can't make a rule that cannot be respected in some cases. I suggested twice to use the IMG tag though but I never said there would be consequences if he does not do it. Worst case scenario, I see the thread a day or two after and since I upload the sheet on the server and change the link, might as well put an IMG tag.

@Filipinac: If you don't know what we talk about, read the basic forum markdown: https://www.ff6hacking.com/forums/misc.p...help&hid=7
Also https://imgur.com/ is better for image hosting. I think mediafire prevent display in a IMG tag anyway.

Your sprite is an improvment from the others you've made but there is still work to do. The leftmost post I have marked has weird hair. Also, the three other dead poses are just the same thing flipped in different ways, I think the tiles arrangement allow more originality than this.

[Image: AP9YbFp.png]
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
another thing I'm noticing is a lack of consistency, look at the gloves for example, in some places it's brown and in others its blue, also look at his collar and shoulder pads, he has a brown collar sideways but backside he has a white collar, and his shoulder pads are gone, another tip, try to avoid using a heavy amount of the skin tones on the clothing especially when you have the alternative color that should be used (in this case brown, there is no brown in his upper body, but there should be keep at it

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 2
Status
None
Hey guys, I'm have got a Noctis sprite sheet from Final Fantasy 15, here is it:

[Image: filipinac-ff15-noctis.png]
  Find
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Filipinac for this post:
  • madsiur (03-09-2018)

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 57
Status
Tissue-aware
This is a good job IMO. The poses where he has straight feet, the bottom red line of the shoes look like a random red line, maybe if you put a dark pixel or two of separation in the middle it could help? Overall it's a good sprite, but I'm not someone that sprite so I cannot spot as many flaws as a spriter.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
This comes across pretty heavily as a Locke recolor. And in many of the poses, that's exactly what it is. There are a number of issues you should go over for this particular sprite:

1. Locke is a good base, but his clothes and Noctis' leather outfit aren't similar enough to keep Locke's clothing in most of the poses.
2. The sprites are very inconsistent. You have a long jacket in some sprites and a short one in others. The undershirt is constantly switching to different colors as well.
3. Noctis' hair also isn't that shape, he doesn't have a part in the middle of his hair
4. The back sprites have a hood on them (that's what the black pixels are in Locke's outfit)
5. The colors sort of wash each other out, there should be a bit more variety. Considering Noctis' nearly all black outfit, I realize just how difficult it is to create a palette for him without making him look monotone or bland, in fact getting the palette right will be one of your biggest battles with this sprite.
6. The sprites that actually do look like Noctis I see have been sprited pixel by pixel to look exactly like the Record Keeper sprites, only with a palette that doesn't quite work.
7. Since you based this off of the RK sprites, I would suggest attempting to replicate their palette in as far as you can, make the red of the shoes more subtle, a separation by a single pixel won't really help too terribly much but the best advice I can give you there is to play around with it.

I realize of course you are a new spriter and we all started as beginners, so please take the above in the spirit of helping you become a better spriter quicker by using my experience. I hope to see the changes and your talents grow!
  Find
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to LordSutebenu for this post:
  • JWhiteLXXXIX (03-11-2018), madsiur (03-10-2018)

Threads: 9
Status
Slow
I must inform i did my looking into on noctis' ffrk sprite and it appears it uses all of the extra four colors normally not used in battles. Try as I might, the dark shades of the colors are so close to each other, I cannot find a compromise which can work out compared to the ffrk sprites i worked with prior.
  Find