Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hello all I am having major problems modding !! Please help .

Threads: 16
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Ok all I want to do is rearrange the spell list . Well when I do that it seems that Sabins Blitz no longer works it either freezes the game or it always says incorrect blitz input even though I am putting in the right input . Also when I start from a save my char will be stuck walking to the right . Has anyone else encountered these problems ?
Thanks in advance .
  Find

Threads: 5
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Sleep
Do you have some more details? i.e. ROM version used, patches applied, editors you have used on the ROM, or what exact things have you edited? It would be alot easier to help with some additional information.

Status
None
I think I have rom 1.1 cause Relm's sketch does not mess up the game . So far I have changed spell positions in the spell list example it used to be fire ice
bolt poison
drain fire 2 and so on what I did was this fire ice
lit bio
fira icera
also I have changes some of what spells espers teach .
I am using the ff3usme 6.70 to do everything but protraits and I use the ff3se version 2.0 for that .

Oh and I have also tried the always an esper patch the intro patch to make it ff6 sworttech patch and the slot patch
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-30-2013, 04:08 PM)Locke0075 Wrote: I think I have rom 1.1 cause Relm's sketch does not mess up the game.

You're using version 1.0 because FF3se doesn't work with version 1.1. It's probably *again* a header issue. Check if the applied patches are for header or headerless ROM.
  Find

Status
None
Yeah but how about when I switch spell positions etc with out a patch ?
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
What do you mean by switch spell positions? Are you talking about manually recreating every spell in a new order in FF3usME? If so, this won't cause any other problems with your game. Even if you totally botched up the spells, only the spells you wrote on would be affected. This wouldn't cause any of the problems you mentioned above. Like Mad said, it sounds like you applied a patch that called for a ROM that's headered if yours isn't or unheadered if yours is. That's normally the cause of random stuff like that... Unless you have been making hex changes you aren't telling us about.
  Find

Status
None
Ok I haven't used a hex editor on this and a new thing I just discovered is when I first get Edgar and we go on the screen when he rides the chocobo after defeating the tek armor he right away gets off like the button was pressed . How can I tell if I have a headered rom or not ?
  Find

Threads: 279
Thanks Received: 236
Thanks Given: 58
Status
Tissue-aware
(07-30-2013, 10:39 PM)Locke0075 Wrote: How can I tell if I have a headered rom or not ?

I won't go in depth on how to remove it manually since you just want to edit the magic list, so here's the beginner way:

[scroll=left]SNES rom utility[/scroll]
  Find

Threads: 83
Thanks Received: 55
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Obliviscence
For your other problems, have you tried using a different emulator? are you using a controller or your computer keyboard? these problems are starting to sound like they arent the ROM. But if they do continue after trying a different emulator (i suggest snes9x or ZSNESW) then you should start over with a fresh ROM and make your changes again.

[scroll=left]also this[/scroll]
  Find

Status
None
I use snes9x and I do use a controller its the longtech controller that looks like an x box controller

I just opened my rom in the hex editor and it started off with a few numbers with a bunch of zeros so shouldn't that mean that its a headered rom ? That s how it was with the Ogre battle rom ?
  Find