Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Terra 2.0

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
do u mean my sexy Terra or your sexy Terra? LMFAO :p

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 4
Thanks Received: 1
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
That sprite has a nice style to it but there are some black pixels in the hair that should be gone.
The portrait is pretty messy; it seems to have a lot of pieces borrowed from Smash's.

..I vote for Locke next.
  Find

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Status
None
I liked where you were heading with your Terra port, so i thought id make a quick edit.
[Image: imgshk.png]

The hair, as Lijj said, was quite messy. I pretty much softened it, hopefully it will be of some use.
P.S. I like your version of Locke the most, make it next Wink.

[Image: walkd.gif][Image: babusportrait.png] Nu Mou, FFT version.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
I just noticed...this has a similar style to chrono trigger mixed with the style of Golden Sun characters...I'm not sure if I got the first game right but it definitely feels very Golden Sun-ish to me. ^-^
  Find

Status
None
Twinees, I have to thank you for the edit, since it's provided alot for me to learn from. For that matter, Locke will be finished hopefully sometime in the next two days.
Oh and of course, thanks for all the support everybody. Wink
  Find

Status
None
A double post, but an understandable one.

[Image: imgshk.png]

A bit sloppy compared to Terra, but here's Locke.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
Believe me when I say this; shading is indeed your friend,so take advantage of him.

The back of his jacket needs much more shading it looks a bit odd at points, also don't forget that Locke's jacket has a small hood on the back of it (that he never uses), also his boots need some serious shading, the front views are all fine but the back and side views (which are more frequent) look really bad in comparison. Other than what I mentioned I do not find anything particularly wrong with this sprite.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
The only thing I have a real issue with from this style is that the characters' heads all blur into their necks. Terra looks like her head bubbled up from her chest like a tumor...

The actual outlineless watercolor style is fine overall, but please remember that sprites don't have proper necks, so you have to shade heavily there to give the illusion that they do.

Thanks Received: 1
Status
None
Where'd you go?
  Find

Threads: 1
Status
Runic