Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Palettes question

Status
None
Hello again, I have a question about the palettes :S I know how to edit it by FF3USme and change it ingame by windhex hehe, but I don't know how zeemis or angelo or gi attack or any other that are doing a real hack ffVI like the project of zeemis: The New FFIV... I don't know how they do to swapp many character's palettes without ruin the NPC... I mean, my problem is: I change Terra sprite and palette for Rydia sprite and palette (I replace the number 6 palette for the new rydia's palette) and in the battle palette I replace the 7, so in overworld rydia has palette 6 and in battle rydia has 7, and that was all cool I made my changes through windhex and all is fine, but in the save and shops, rydia shows grayed, I think because battle palette 7 in game is used to grayed a character... and that is no all, I want to replace cyan with cecil, mog with kain and setzer with yang (the sprite and palettes of course, and I see that all that sprites utilizes custom palettes)... How can I do it without ruin the NPCS palettes? How can I create custom palettes for that characters like you do in your projects? Doesn't matter if I need hex... hehe hope can help me. Thanks in advance.
PS: Like I told PocoLoco before I want rydia to replace her palette with the palette 9 of overworld but I don't found the code for that palette, in windhex I put code 12 and many others and the palette doesn't show up ingame... PocoLoko said me that only the palettes 0-7 are good the others are glitch... That's my problem ):

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
Poco or Nattak are the expert on palletes, but I remember while beta testing nattak's new hack that he had the similar problem with pallete #7. If you give a character pallete #7 he/she will look messed up in menus, the airship menu and the save menu because of a limitation on the game's code.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
PM me and we can talk about this further, I'll help u out

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Hey Angelo, I saw that you include golbez in your game, but how do you do that without mess up the npc palettes??

Threads: 41
Thanks Received: 16
Thanks Given: 12
Status
None
This type of question has been answered quite a few times before in so many threads -you may want to go and read those- before reading my answer.

All I know about palletes - which is close to nothing- in a nutshell:

Characters share a number of colors because SNES limits the number of colors for any character to be less than 12 (typically 16, but 4 of these 16 are used somewhere else).

The video you saw in which I used Golbez is because I replaced Mog with Golbez. Mog and Umaro share the same colors. If I edit mog, umaro will be affected as well. In the video, I didn't show umaro - which turned into a pink-ish yeti-.

Again, Poco or Zeemis are the experts in this topic.

Threads: 1
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
Runic
i should keep this in mind for when i eventually work on my hack some more.

"Expect an early Winter with lots of snow!" Roan's Snowball Fight move

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArcadianKnight
I'm a serious Grandia II fan and my all-time favorite character is Roan
  Find