Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
FFIV DS

Threads: 23
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 6
Status
None
has anyone played ffiv ds? I'm assuming that's also a dumb question on my part.
The reason I ask, I'm curious if there are more differences to the game other than graphics alone?
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
Each of the remakes include bonus material that distinguishes it away from the others.
The obvious (if you think about it) but not so obvious part is that each has different super bosses. FFIV was the only version that had augments and allowed you to surpass the damage barrier.
A cool thing I've found out is that Final Fantasy IV: The After Years uses the same exact engine as FFIV GBA, but was enhanced. This being said, it also has a lot of the special weapons that were bonus in the game, but were nulled out. You can however use cheats to get them.
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 148
Thanks Given: 160
Status
Nattak\'d
Personally, I can't wait for Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection!

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Wish I had a PSP so I could play complete collection.
Final Fantasy IV is one of my most memorable FFs since I had it when I was a kid, played it with my mom sometimes, played with friends, etc. It's hard to get stupid kids to pay attention when you're trying to play RPGs. ;[

I tried After Years once on a friend's wii, but I haven't gotten enough time to actually get anywhere in the game. Sad

Threads: 13
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Crystal
I think this is going to be one of 'those' debates. Just makes me glad we're all hardcore FF6 fans, I'd choke-a-b*t*h if they screamed FF 7 remake.
On the other hand, thanks for relaying this tidbit about FF4 it's much appreciated.
  Find

Status
Traitor
Not sure if you noticed but the current forum theme is dedicated to FFIV DS. Tongue
Just throwing that out there.
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
(06-29-2011, 07:04 PM)Abel.Emporia Wrote: I think this is going to be one of 'those' debates. Just makes me glad we're all hardcore FF6 fans, I'd choke-a-b*t*h if they screamed FF 7 remake.
On the other hand, thanks for relaying this tidbit about FF4 it's much appreciated.

First and foremost be careful with your language on these forums; I'm a bit of a Forum Nazi here so any vulgar language will not be looked lightly upon.

Second, Final Fantasy VII does need to be remade, after all once it is remade there will be nothing more to do to the game so it can finally die in peace.

That is all.
  Find

Status
Traitor
Oh Sutebenu, no need to jump on his case. Tongue
I think -some- cursing is fine as long as it's not directed towards an individual, and as long as it doesn't get out of hand (ie, down right raunchy and immature). It keeps the community lax.

I agree with the FF7 part... >_<;
  Find

Threads: 3
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I've been playing FF4ds lately; in fact, that's partly what got me to start spriting again. Smile

There's pros and cons with each one. FF2us was too easy; FF4j (translated) and FF4A were pretty hard. FF4ds has a really good rewrite and surprisingly good voice acting. On the downside, the SNES/SFC versions look really bad compared to FF5 and 6. FF4A suffers from hardware limitations, and FF4ds didn't add the ability to get characters back like in FF4A, nor does it have the bonus dungeon.

What I'd like to see is A) FF4 running on the FF6 engine (see Zeemis) or B) the palette choices, asm updates (like Mode7 airship action) and bonus dungeon of FF4A backported into FF4 SNES, which has better hardware than the GBA.

It's too bad there's not a FF2usME editor, or commented disassemblies like there are for FF6...
  Find

Status
Traitor
I'd like to make your dream come true with having FFIV ported over to the FFVI engine. You probably already know of my hack I'm working on.
I can almost replace world tiles, even though they're compressed. I'd like to hack battle backgrounds (see here), which I can except I need a tile editor. Hacking the graphics are easy, having them look the way I want organized right in the rom isn't. :p
  Find