Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
GTA 3 Claude finished and new pallete

Threads: 39
Thanks Received: 6
Thanks Given: 6
Status
Runic
I have finished the spritesheet for Claude but have not edited the death and riding sprites yet which I will get to. I need some input on the shading and the frontward facing hair, some input would really be appreciated. I am finally happy to at least have made some headway on him, but I still need some input on where to go from here. Claude is a bit of a stoic individual so there were not too many over-the-top animations, his spell cast animation I copied off merchant Locke.
[Image: 226_23_03_14_6_03_22.png]
  Find

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 13
Thanks Given: 15
Status
X-Zone
I'm not very well versed on how to do shading and such, but I think it looks Awesome!

Shine 
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
it needs a bit of fine tuning, but considering you're not really a full fledged spriter just yet its not bad at all my only issue is the hair honestly it doesn't quite fit in my opinion

here is a bit of advice

when making an average build char like this it can be easy to skip detail

the best suggestion when it comes to that is to look at a lot of characters with Locke's typical build (for this case) study their patterns and movement as well as the details and consistency of their movement each tile in itself is a part of that sprite so they should work together and put the pieces together

when it comes to custom poses (if you want to go down that path), try and look at whats unique, look at other poses from several different chars, which pose suits the character, personally I feel his casting pose should be like Terra's for example the one you have is all fine and good but its been done quite a bit (not saying u can't use it or that it looks bad the sprite is yours so its your call at the end of the day), but you can make it unique in itself thus making you stand out as a spriter

remember feel free to ask me for any help and I'll see what I can do for you

I hope my rambling helped u lol

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Runic
Thanks, I'll do that, I have plenty of spritesheets to look at for ideas.
  Find

Status
None
u got my skype man?

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
Runic
(03-25-2014, 11:28 AM)Poco d(-_-)b Loco Wrote: u got my skype man?

No, what is it? I haven't got a skype, but I can get one.
  Find

Status
None
I'll message it to you

-HNIC