Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Break time's over...hopefully

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Just a post to let anyone who has been wondering about my work on my Final Fantasy Dissidia hack (making a Dissidia like game out of FF6) is coming along.

So, here's a list of my progress:
Sprites:
through my sprite hacking skills, I've been able to finish off most of the sprites with ease. Here's a list:
Final Fantasy 1: White Mage (done)
Final Fantasy 2: Firion (done)
Final Fantasy 3: Onion Knight (done)
Final Fantasy 4: Cecil (Paliden/Dark Knight) (done/done)
Final Fantasy 5: Bartz (done)
Final Fantasy 6: Terra
*I've had a little trouble with Terra. Yeah she was one of the original sprites in the game, but since I started my palette editing, I erased her original spot and gave it to Paliden Cecil. Now here's my dilema, I could use her original sprite sheet, or her dress sprite sheet. If I use her Dress sprite sheet, she would have more of a silver dress with a blue bow. If I used her original sprite sheet, she'd have silver armor with blue undergarmets (like where it would normally be purple, I'd make that blue)
comment with your thoughts on this please.
Final Fantasy 7: Cloud (done)
Final Fantasy 8: Squall (done)
Final Fantasy 9: Zidane (done)
Final Fantasy 10: Tidus (done)

all-in-all, I've only mostly tampered with the sprites, making sure they run smoothly. I'd like to finish sprites first before I touch the maps.

Maps: hasn't been started

Spells: Ok, I have started messing with these, my only problem is this:
I am trying to make a universal skill sheet that everyone has access to in replacement of the original universal magic system. However, I can't find any major skill connections. If anyone has any ideas, please comment; at this point I'm willing to stray from the original game and insert a new list of new skills.

Weapons: hasn't been started

Skills: in replacement of lores/magitek/blitz ect. I have started revamping every skill list to make them unique in skills to a character from what skills they had in dissidia. If I have any leftover slots, I'll insert some special secret skills they had from their original game.

so, this is my progress, hopefully I'll be adding on to it soon. ^.^

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
why not show a few screen shots 2 see exactly how they look?

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
I may be only a tad biased when I say that you should use the Dress Terra, lol; but like I said, only slightly biased. Smile
  Find

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
actually there is a dissidia terra sprite, if u search for it u should be able 2 find it although you'll hav 2 darken the outline since it doesnt blend in whith evry1 else

there are 2 versions green hair and blonde and it has the cape and everything, i dont think there is a BIN file however
  Find

Status
None
@ Poko: I would, but I don't know how to post screen shots. If anyone would like screenshots though, I'd be more than happy to e-mail them to anyone who messages me their e-mail.

@FEOK: That's not the problem. If it was simply sprite sheets that I needed, I'd be done with a lot more by now. Instead, my problem lies within my limit on my palette sheets. Terra ended up in the left over pile (sadly) and now she's stuck with either silver armor, or a silver dress, neither of which look good on her. (Oh and I could also do black instead of silver, and silver instead of blue, but I think black would look even worse on her :/) Thanks for trying though Smile

to all: Sprite hacking is a really tough thing to do if you're out to do a good job like me. I've got the skills and the understanding, the only problem is, is that due to the many various palettes I normally would need to suffice to the Dissidia Ten, I have been able to combine similar colors, and recolor character's sprites (totally obliterating my normal sprite code that I proposed about a month back) in an attempt towards perfection. This is why I pleed with you, PLEASE DO NOT use the sprites I use for my dissidia hack. I will 100% mess up your sprite palettes and in the end, your sheets. Only use them IF you know what you're doing. Look at sprite hacking like puting a puzzle together. Most of us are on the scale of being able to put together a, say, 8 piece puzzle, (which would be being able to recolor and impliment sprite sheets ect...) however, there are some of us, who can manipulate sprites (which is how I made my Paliden/Dark Cecil patch), make sprites (various examples are listed throughout the forum), and can, in turn of my analogy, put together a 100 peice puzzle. That's all sprite hacking really is, putting a puzzle together. With this in mind, I hope everyone will rethink how the sprite hack.
--Wrexsoul45/NeoBahamut

Find

Status
None
well 2 post images go 2 image shack n post the direct link onto the post, just put the link into [img][/img]

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
oh yea n maybe I can help u with ur sprites when I get the time

-HNIC

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
(12-06-2010, 10:15 PM)WrexSoul45 Wrote: @ Poko: I would, but I don't know how to post screen shots. If anyone would like screenshots though, I'd be more than happy to e-mail them to anyone who messages me their e-mail.

@FEOK: That's not the problem. If it was simply sprite sheets that I needed, I'd be done with a lot more by now. Instead, my problem lies within my limit on my palette sheets. Terra ended up in the left over pile (sadly) and now she's stuck with either silver armor, or a silver dress, neither of which look good on her. (Oh and I could also do black instead of silver, and silver instead of blue, but I think black would look even worse on her :/) Thanks for trying though Smile

to all: Sprite hacking is a really tough thing to do if you're out to do a good job like me. I've got the skills and the understanding, the only problem is, is that due to the many various palettes I normally would need to suffice to the Dissidia Ten, I have been able to combine similar colors, and recolor character's sprites (totally obliterating my normal sprite code that I proposed about a month back) in an attempt towards perfection. This is why I pleed with you, PLEASE DO NOT use the sprites I use for my dissidia hack. I will 100% mess up your sprite palettes and in the end, your sheets. Only use them IF you know what you're doing. Look at sprite hacking like puting a puzzle together. Most of us are on the scale of being able to put together a, say, 8 piece puzzle, (which would be being able to recolor and impliment sprite sheets ect...) however, there are some of us, who can manipulate sprites (which is how I made my Paliden/Dark Cecil patch), make sprites (various examples are listed throughout the forum), and can, in turn of my analogy, put together a 100 peice puzzle. That's all sprite hacking really is, putting a puzzle together. With this in mind, I hope everyone will rethink how the sprite hack.
--Wrexsoul45/NeoBahamut

well thats ok, i jsut though u needed a dissidia sprite lol
i would other 2 help whith the palletes but i'm kinda busy at the min :/
  Find

Status
None
@Poco & FEOK: Thanks for the offer, but I'm essencially done, all I've got to do is recolor this one Terra sprite sheet, and I'm done with the sprites. Like I said above, sprite hacking is among the easiest things to do hacking wise, once you get the hang of it that is. Wink

What I may need help on, if either of you are up to the challange, is making magic/skill animations. If either of you are interested, I can pm/e-mail you a list of animations I need replicated into a FFVI format.

Find

Status
None
I can help out with animations as well if need be

-HNIC