Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Werewolf character?

Threads: 2
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Messing around in my head, I thought it would be real cool if you could create a sort of werewolf character by somehow making the game cause "Morph" status when they (and only they) get low o HP. I know there are relics that do that, but is there a way to make it character specific and not have to rely on equipment? If not possible, is there a way to get it done on non-relics? If not, is there a way to do this and prevent players from changing relics?
  Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
well, you could have a certain character start with a certain relic; but I'm not sure whether the equipment, magic and relic changing thing works altogether or separately. If it was seperately, all you'd have to do is have the certain character(s) start with that relic and use the permission mask (that's what I'm calling it at least) to forbid the changing of Relics; like how you can't change the equipment of Leo, Bannon or the Soldiers. Like I said, I'm not sure if that would work considering I'm almost certain that if you did that; it would prevent the character from changing any equipment.
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
Plus, if you did that, and if the character was a member of your team, and if you were to use the Remove Equipment option the old men around the world offer you, you would likely get unequipped, and be unable to reequip because of the permission flag Ren mentioned. Also, there are certain in-game events that alter equipment... mainly post- World of Ruin recruitment.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
You'd be better off using the Imp status. Morph status is weird and glitches up when you play around with it too much.

Changing the status a relic (or any piece of equipment) grants at low HP requires hex-editing another effect out (like SOS Shell).

I'm also not sure where the SOS status routine is stored in the ROM, so I can't help you any more than that. You should ask on Pandora's Box.