Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Freaking Out Now...

Threads: 14
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Hey guys, I've had this extremely annoying error come up.
Okay so I do ALOT of text editing using FF3usME 6.7.0 Beta 2. And for some unknown reason, one day I clicked the little 'Dlg' button and this error came up:
Text has been hand hex edited, FF3usME cannot use the re-routed data.
I stared at that screen in horror for I don't know how long, just not able to compromise what had gone wrong.
However, I have at least a terra byte worth of Backups so I didn't have much trouble going back. BUT once I went back and kinda "re-did" the small segments I'd already done, the error happened again!
This time I'd had it! However before I closed FF3usME, I looked down at the applied patches and saw that some patch called FF3ED Dialog was applied.
Guys I've never touched FF3ED or applied any patch to it, I swear. I don't how this just randomly happens!
I then tried out FF3usME 6.60 and the same error happened again. Yet in a somewhat different context:
Text data has been used by FF3ED, FF3usME does not support this text....yet.
Whatever that means, like I said guys I never touched FF3ED! And the only text editing I've ever done is fairly basic. Every once in awhile I'd use the <EOP> command to wait for button press but that's all really. Oh that and certain NPC's like OLD MAN and TROOPER, I've changed. Only reason I mention that is b/c they don't have corresponding<A?> values.
Whatever, none of that can be related to this error! I don't get it!
UPDATE:
OK guys I've removed it, so just completely forget about that game - like drill a hole in your head, find the place in your brain that stores it and throw it away! ....Lol maybe I went to far haha but that 1 I uploaded was LOADED with bugs and not to mention the errors that Gi Nattak describes below so yeah majorly DISREGARD that ROM...thanks peeps!
xJCSx

[Image: funnysiga.jpg]

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
http://www.youtube.com/user/xJCSx1
  Find

Threads: 98
Thanks Received: 147
Thanks Given: 159
Status
Nattak\'d
I have gotten those same error messages before, as well as another person I know, (Hi, Alby!) and it did seem to happen soon after I applied the FF3ED Dialog patch, the one that free's up a ton of more bytes for dialog, as well as the other patches FF3ME has to offer. But I currently have all the patches applied, and can still use the dialog editor (with a few issues, as I will explain) It is a really bad error, and it means you can never use the dialog editor again. Just like you used FF3edit, and saved, as they are incompatible and will give you the same error. That's why it's SUPER freaking important to make backup's all the time, in case of these random heart breaking errors! I'm not sure what exactly causes the error, or rather what makes FF3ME to think hex pointers were re-routed, or the ROM has been edited with FF3Edit, or if it's a combination of things, or a bug with the latest beta, or what exactly is going on to cause the error's and why they differ sometimes.

All I know is the only way I can use FF3ME, without making it impossible to use the dialog editor anymore, is every time I make changes in FF3ME and then save, I have to close and re-open the program, or it will send my dialog bytes to negative -50000, or give me those error messages. So basically, I can make as many changes as I want, dialog, monsters, items, formations, anything, but just make sure to save only ONCE, then close & re-open and continue my work. Obviously people shouldn't have to do this all the time, but it's something about the patches, or the dialog editor having a bug, or whatever! I dunno yet. I just know this method works for me, and I advise all others to do the same... Save once, then close & re-open to avoid corrupting the dialog editor option forever.

But about that patch that has been applied. You see... you can only apply the patches FF3ME has to offer, the Dialog patch being one of them, once you have expanded the ROM. So now my question to you is, when you first started working on your hack, did you expand the ROM to 32 -bit? Or did it already come expanded? Obviously it has been expanded. If it did come expanded then it's not a 100% clean ROM, and somebody did apply the FF3ED Dialog patch, because a clean ROM does not come with the patch.

So can this be fixed? I don't think so. At least I didn't find any way. I was just lucky enough to have a recent backup, and I figured out why it was messing up all the time. Lord J should be made aware of this, I'm just not sure exactly what's going on enough yet to tell him. That, and I've never spoke to him before >_>

We are born, live, die and then do the same thing over again.

Status
None
Ah okay I see, everything seems to be working perfectly. I even decided to not ever use FF3usME if any other FF6 program is open. Ha but thanks man, oh and another thing that's really frustrating is that whenever I give my monster a specific script, and save once. I exit out and then I re-open it and the script that I just entered is completely gone! It's like no matter what I do, it'll always revert to some ancient script I entered in a million years ago...I don't get it, do you ever get this problem?
I mean ever since I've gotten these FF6 programs, it's been nothing but chaos. I can't really use FF3usME 6.60 cuz it says I have some Master Zed Monster battle script patch applied and I can't remove it so yea that's annoying. I get an error if I try to remove it btw. And all the other FF3usME's below that don't support text editing, of course.
But anyways other than that and a million more errors I guess my hack's going OK...I just wish I could feel like I didn't have to manipulate all these programs to do what I want...
Oh and to answer your question, my ROM wasn't expanded when I got it. It's from an RAR file that Zeemis uploaded on his Youtube Channel and I applied the Monster Scripts Patch (The one that allows for bigger space for Monster Attacks)...I dread to think if all these errors are related to the ROM. I mean that'd be good to know but then I'd have to start all over again! (The horror) But yea I guess I should stop whining lol..

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
It should be saving the monster scripts with no issues, if you do in fact hit the save. What I can do is download the demo you posted, and try to see what's going on. I'll also take a look at the ROM Zeemis posted to see if that's the problem, although I'm pretty sure it isn't. What I would have done, is instead of applying the Master Zed monster script patch manually, you should have let FF3ME do it, once you have expanded your ROM to 32-bit. It is one of the patches under manage expanded ROM. Not the Master Zed one, but FF3ME's one. So I could see how something might be wrong there. Expanding your ROM to 32-bit is a must for extensive hacks, but I'm a little hesitant to tell you to go and expand your ROM and apply a bunch of patches when you have already put a bunch of work in, since theoretically you would want to do this from the very start. I don't want to be responsible for something else. But I'll take a look at it and try and give you a diagnosis. And if you do choose to start over, at least you have this a reference ROM and that will speed things along twice as fast. I have done it 3 times now, with much more work. And hey, you're still young, so no worries there =p It would be worth it in the long run, as you might encounter more problems or be unable to continue the way you'd like to. Remember, you should be able to use any editor you want, with very few problems. If you do eventually chose to start over, let me help you out with the very first steps you should always begin, to secure yourself a perfect ready to be hacked to **** FF3 1.0 ROM. I'll get back to you. Clean 1.0 ROM - http://www.mediafire.com/?yzddwitniek
OK, I just looked at it, and of coarse the dialog editor is out of operation, like you say. Hand hexed dialog pointers. You said you never expanded the ROM, yet it is expanded and two patches were applied. Did you go and do that after you told me you never expanded it? Like I say, you should do that very first thing. I didn't have any issue saving battle script changes though. Are you pressing "OK" first on the bottom right, and then "Save" on the main editor screen on the top left? That's all there is to it and it's working for me, with your ROM. I would seriously think about starting over after seeing this, even if you have another copy of the ROM where some things are still working. Also I was unable to locate the ROM Zeemis uploaded, but I'm sure it's good. It should be an untouched ff3 us 1.0 ROM. "3.0 mb"
I took a further look and noticed some crazy battle scripts. Take a look at the B.Day Suit. It has a massive incredible script of 145 bytes and casts all kinds of magic. If Locke were to steal the soldiers close, he would have quite a surprise when the B.Day Suit kills the **** out of him. In fact ALL the later scripts are messed up beyond belief. Take a look. This happened to me when I first started. It was either that master Zed Monster Patch, or my mistake expanding the ROM, the wrong way, but it shifted all the scripts down and messing them up beyond recognition. You didn't need the patch as FF3ME does it much better with no damage to the scripts. I'm rather surprised you haven't noticed the damage.

Status
None
Ah okay....I'm gonna make a big decision ha, I'll start over but man this is really a hard thing to do. I mean it should be easy to just fill in the hex values and redraw the maps (they were crap to begin with ha) and the such, but just the IDEA of starting over is kinda...idk. Lol but I'll do it, I mean it's nothing amazing. But yea before I do, if you don't mind making like a list of numerical steps I should do the instant I get the clean ROM in FF3usME. Oh and btw I'm gonna use the ROM u posted if that's OK.
And the link for that ROM Zeemis gave is here if ur wondering...
http://www.mediafire.com/?qfdultrhxwi
Just look in the RAR archive and it'll be there.
Oh and I'm so sorry about the expanded thing, I meant to say the one I uploaded IS expanded but when I got it, it wasn't. Here's what FF3usME reads the instant I got it:
ROM is Expanded: No
Rom is headerless: No
Patches applied: None
Etc. Pretty much nothing to it, but I was just giving this info in case you knew of anything.
But none of that technically matters ha cuz I'm using ur ROM I guess.
But yea I'll start over and it shouldn't be that bad.
Thanks man and sorry for the vague details on that last post, I was using an Ipod, stupid Smart Check that Apple makes! Lol

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Status
Nattak\'d
Yes, the ROM I posted is a super clean 1.0 one. Notice how when you open it in FF3ME it says, "Patches already applied: none" That's a great start.

OK, all you have to do is "expand ROM" to "32 bit" then press "yes" Wait for it to do it's thing. (about 20 seconds) Press "OK" Now your ROM is expanded to 32-bit. You don't even have to save to make the changes take place. Now go ahead and make your first back-up of this expanded ROM and put it somewhere safe. Now go to "Manage Expanded Rom" And apply the "Town Dialog Hack" and the "Monster Battle Script" Patches. (The other one also if you want to) Then press "OK", and then "Save"
Now open you're ROM and check out the Dialog Editor, and the Battle Scripts, to see what happened.

I also suggest in the Dialog Editor to click the "Optimize All" button on the right, just once is all you need. It will clear up even more room, and get rid of useless crap. Everything should be perfect now for you to begin making your changes and importing your hack. And it would be another good time for a backup. Get used to doing this, and only saving once with the editor after making your changes.

Status
None
(10-28-2010, 03:17 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: It should be saving the monster scripts with no issues, if you do in fact hit the save. What I can do is download the demo you posted, and try to see what's going on. I'll also take a look at the ROM Zeemis posted to see if that's the problem, although I'm pretty sure it isn't. What I would have done, is instead of applying the Master Zed monster script patch manually, you should have let FF3ME do it, once you have expanded your ROM to 32-bit. It is one of the patches under manage expanded ROM. Not the Master Zed one, but FF3ME's one. So I could see how something might be wrong there. Expanding your ROM to 32-bit is a must for extensive hacks, but I'm a little hesitant to tell you to go and expand your ROM and apply a bunch of patches when you have already put a bunch of work in, since theoretically you would want to do this from the very start. I don't want to be responsible for something else. But I'll take a look at it and try and give you a diagnosis. And if you do choose to start over, at least you have this a reference ROM and that will speed things along twice as fast. I have done it 3 times now, with much more work. And hey, you're still young, so no worries there =p It would be worth it in the long run, as you might encounter more problems or be unable to continue the way you'd like to. Remember, you should be able to use any editor you want, with very few problems. If you do eventually chose to start over, let me help you out with the very first steps you should always begin, to secure yourself a perfect ready to be hacked to **** FF3 1.0 ROM. I'll get back to you.
OK, I just looked at it, and of coarse the dialog editor is out of operation, like you say. Hand hexed dialog pointers. You said you never expanded the ROM, yet it is expanded and two patches were applied. Did you go and do that after you told me you never expanded it? Like I say, you should do that very first thing. I didn't have any issue saving battle script changes though. Are you pressing "OK" first on the bottom right, and then "Save" on the main editor screen on the top left? That's all there is to it and it's working for me, with your ROM. I would seriously think about starting over after seeing this, even if you have another copy of the ROM where some things are still working. Also I was unable to locate the ROM Zeemis uploaded, but I'm sure it's good. It should be an untouched ff3 us 1.0 ROM. "3.0 mb"
[quote='Gi Nattak' pid='5663' dateline='1288293445']
I took a further look and noticed some crazy battle scripts. Take a look at the B.Day Suit. It has a massive incredible script of 145 bytes and casts all kinds of magic. If Locke were to steal the soldiers close, he would have quite a surprise when the B.Day Suit kills the **** out of him. In fact ALL the later scripts are messed up beyond belief. Take a look. This happened to me when I first started. It was that master Zed Monster Patch, shifting all the scripts down and messing them up beyond recognition. You didn't need the patch as FF3ME does it much better with no damage to the scripts. I'm rather surprised you haven't noticed the damage.

WHOA I never saw that! I cannot believe that! All this time like it's been that messed up, dude that's freaky! I'm DEFINITELY starting over now. I mean, never even noticed it! Like I just saw some random monster that casted Ramuh! Okay well I'm pretty much restarting... Man I usually have better observation skills than that..
(10-28-2010, 04:23 PM)Gi Nattak Wrote: Yes, the ROM I posted is a super clean 1.0 one. Notice how when you open it in FF3ME it says, "Patches already applied: none" That's a great start.

OK, all you have to do is "expand ROM" to "32 bit" then press "yes" Wait for it to do it's thing. (about 20 seconds) Press "OK" Now your ROM is expanded to 32-bit. You don't even have to save to make the changes take place. Now go ahead and make your first back-up of this expanded ROM and put it somewhere safe. Now go to "Manage Expanded Rom" And apply the "Town Dialog Hack" and the "Monster Battle Script" Patches. (The other one also if you want to) Then press "OK", and then "Save"
Now open you're ROM and check out the Dialog Editor, and the Battle Scripts, to see what happened.

I also suggest in the Dialog Editor to click the "Optimize All" button on the right, just once is all you need. It will clear up even more room, and get rid of useless crap. Everything should be perfect to begin your making changes and importing your hack. And it would be another good time for a backup. Get used to doing this, and only saving once with the editor after making your changes.

Ah thanks man worked like a charm! Well I'm gonna start over now ha...first I'm getting a twinkie though, man those are good luck! (Ignore that) Anyways I guess I'll just continue working on it and sending you the game every once in awhile to see anything I might miss. Ha thanks so much dude

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
wow Nattack handled this

I'm impressed

Mike u are offcially a mod in this b*t*h lolz

and......a CHOCOBO!?

oh u r just begging to get a shoe thrown @ u lmfao

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
oh, and I forgot to mention I spoke with Lord J about the matter a good while ago and hopefully he'll have this fixed in the next installment

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
HAHA just kidding Poco, I'll make u something cool in this game, like..an item? Seriously the name's killin ur reputation nah just pickin, but thanks for contacting Lord J!

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL Laugh
  Find