Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Onion Knight Fix

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?vrx766eab27546d

This is an update to Zeemis' Fat Onion knight.

Fixes:

○ No longer fat Tongue

○ No longer as blocky as before

I'm planing on making a sprite-making/hacking walkthrough sometime in the future when I get a chance. This walkthrough will be a step-by-step guide of how to properly edit a sprite in general, regardless of what program you are using.

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
Sounds like less of a hacking walkthrough and more of an art tutorial if you aren't going to include specific sprite/art programs...

It is notable that Onion Knight's sprite is actually -supposed- to be fat... so I wouldn't call that a fix so much as a style decision.

Yes, I'm arguing semantics. It's mostly because I'm not entirely sure what your intentions are here for this walkthrough/tutorial thing.

Status
None
ok, well, you are right about it being more of a tutorial than a walkthrough.
my goals in this tutorial that I'll be making would be to specify the artistic style that FFVI has, (yes there is one), along with this, I'll also provide the proper way to outline sprites (the Onion Knight's sprite was covered in excessive outline, so that's more-so the real improvement in this sprite)
It'll moreso be a clumping together of the couple general sprite guides that we do have (so we can get rid of those and just have one for convenience)
I apologize if this tutorial may seem pointless to you, but it is meant for new comers to sprite hacking.

Find

Threads: 20
Status
None
.... dont look changed for me....

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
theres not much of a diffrenene but its still good
i can see were you changed the "fat" bit but i think it looks better as a fat version
its still good though Smile

also the pallete is still mested up
  Find

Threads: 20
Status
None
wow! 1 more messed up palette! if i get for every 1 messed up palette 1 dollar then i would be rich....

Wurmi: ... i live in Peach`s castle together with Mario...you don`t know how bad that is D:
Mario: is this so bad?
Wurmi: *cries*
Mario: don`t worry i am here Laugh
Wurmi: UWAAAAH! D;

Threads: 91
Thanks Received: 7
Thanks Given: 1
Status
Crystal
its not there fault its the sites, altough that was a download so it could of been edited but then again he did only change the orion sprite that zeemis made
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 87
Status
None
the problem has been fixed with uploading the images

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
it should be taken as a note that I did not touch the pallete AT ALL, all problems with the palette are still on behalf of Zeemis.
if it's about how the kid's too skinny, then you can blame me (although I prefure the skinnier version, but that's my prefurance, and this also provides an option to sprite hackers, my version, the non-fat onion kid, and Zeemis' version, the fat onion kid. ^.^)

Find

Threads: 12
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
(10-14-2010, 09:22 PM)WrexSoul45 Wrote: ok, well, you are right about it being more of a tutorial than a walkthrough.
my goals in this tutorial that I'll be making would be to specify the artistic style that FFVI has, (yes there is one), along with this, I'll also provide the proper way to outline sprites (the Onion Knight's sprite was covered in excessive outline, so that's more-so the real improvement in this sprite)
It'll moreso be a clumping together of the couple general sprite guides that we do have (so we can get rid of those and just have one for convenience)
I apologize if this tutorial may seem pointless to you, but it is meant for new comers to sprite hacking.

Oh god no. I didn't mean to imply that a tutorial was pointless! We totally need a comprehensive spriting guide.