Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Some event hacking

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 2
Status
None
This probably isn't too useful to anyone, but here is a patch that I made while I was doing some event editing for my hack.

It replaces all instances of Cyan in "Cyan's Dream" sequence with "Relm". This took -waaay- longer than you would expect.

Anyway, the main point I'm uploading it here is in hopes that someone can help me fix a bug with it. Once activated, the sequence plays out correctly, but this patch still requires the player to bring Cyan to Doma castle. (And, of course, Relm, too.)

I'm 100% certain that the offending line of code is here:

CB/82B1: DE Load CaseWord with the characters in the currently active party?
CB/82B2: 45 Refresh objects
CB/82B3: C2 If ($1E80($0DA) [$1E9B, bit 2] is set) or ($1E80($0A4) [$1E94, bit 4] is clear) or ($1E80($1A2) [$1EB4, bit 2] is clear), branch to $CB8294
CB/82BD: B2 Call subroutine $CAC5C1 (set CaseWord bit corresponding to number of characters in party)
CB/82C1: C0 If ($1E80($1A3) [$1EB4, bit 3] is clear), branch to $CB8294

Specifically, it is one of those "If" statements that needs to be redirected from Cyan to Relm, but I can't tell how it works.

Anyway, for anyone who thinks Relm needed more screentime, have fun with the patch.

http://rapidshare.com/#!download|444|423...ream.ips|0

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
so what's the bug exactly?

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
That it requires you to bring Cyan to an event that's supposed to be about Relm...

The game checks to see if -Cyan- is in the party, but all the other pointers have been changed such that it's -Relm's- dream.

I want to make the game check for Relm.

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
oooo ok ok I see what u meant now

I'll try to look into this when I get a chance

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 25
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
sounds cool, but I've a suggestion:
could you change it so that the game starts the side quest when Relm sleeps in the Thamasa/The Town that Owser is in (The name of the town escapes my mind DSmile Inn, and not in the Doma Inn? Just saying...it'd make more sense.

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Thanks Received: 4
Status
Lucky-Girl
(10-07-2010, 04:32 PM)WrexSoul45 Wrote: sounds cool, but I've a suggestion:
could you change it so that the game starts the side quest when Relm sleeps in the Thamasa/The Town that Owser is in (The name of the town escapes my mind DSmile Inn, and not in the Doma Inn? Just saying...it'd make more sense.

Jidoor.

I wish you luck on this endeavor, Djinn.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
None
@ Satoascorpion: thanks ^.^

Find

Status
None
It may be possible to change it so that the sequence -starts- in Thamasa (it would be tricky, but it might be possible).

It would require freeing up some space in Thamasa's WoR events. And the Dream Stooges would have some random townspeople for sprites (whoever are NPCs #11, 12, and 13 in Thamasa, IIRC) at first.

And I would inevitably have to link it -back- into Doma once the dream begins (after party jumps into Relm/Cyan), because there's just too much of the event tied to castle's NPCs and layout for me to attempt hacking it. And you'd probably still come out of the dream in Doma castle... >.>;; The exit place might be easier to edit than I think, but without looking closely, my kneejerk is that it would glitch to hell and back if I tried to change it to Thamasa.

Overall, I think it might look a lot sloppier if I changed it...

Status
None
I agree, but then again, if you can pull it off, it would be so much of a quest, someone could use it as a part of the main quest of their hack (if they're doing a core hack)
That is, if you have the party exit at Doma Castle. I still think it'd be very cool, and honestly, if you could, I'd like to request personally that you make a version that does what I suggested, and haves you exit in Doma (I could hack a few dungeons and the WoR map for lols and have the party try to get back to the Airship 'cause it's still in Thamasa...fun right? Tongue)

Find