Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprites

Threads: 25
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
I don't mean to be annoying or rude when saying this, but I feel that I must.
When it comes to making sprites, I beg anyone that makes sprites, to at least attempt to make the color scheme of the game.
By the color scheme of the game, I mean keep your palletes withing a dark, gloomy colored range*. Doing so would make the monster sprites match the background and would also make the feel of the game more Final Fantasy VI-ish.
After stating this, I hope that before any of you comment, please, take into consideration any hack you've played with added in monster sprites, and tell me, don't most of those monster sprites not look right?

*I know when importing say a goblin from FFV to FFVI, most of you do a fantastic job with matching everything, however, if you are going to do this, please tweak the color scheme a little, just to fit the game. Spring Green doesn't really fit with Forest Green. ^.^

Whelp. I still remember this place 13 years since first joining   Laugh
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
very true Neo

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
Thanks Poco ^.^

Find

Status
None
also lets not forget the correct order of colors (see help thread for the info)

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Status
None
the what? o.o XD I've been away for too long Tongue

Find

Status
None
ah yea u were missing in action 4 a good while

I'm sure it will help

-HNIC

Status
None
lol 'k, where is it on this site? ^.^;;

Find

Status
None
better yet here is the correct order

1. transparent
2. outline (black)
3. eyes
4. pupils
5. hair (lighter shade)
6. hair (darker shade)
7. skin (lighter tone)
8. skin (darker tone)
9. outfit 1 (lighter shade)
10. outfit 1 (darker shade)
11. outfit 2 (lighter shade)
12. outfit 2 (darker shade)

the last 4 shouldn't be used cuz they mess the char up in battle

-HNIC

Status
None
XD I've been going by gut 'till now (which I must say I've been doing a pretty good job of Tongue)
but now I know....now I know XD

Find

Status
None
good man

also make sure 2 that it looks good in the relm editor (meaning no distortion) if u wanna use SE, follow the guide, otherwise use the relm editor

-HNIC