* You voted for this item. Show Results

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New idea for Submission/Announcments

Threads: 9
Thanks Received: 0
Thanks Given: 0
Status
None
This thread is mostly directed at Zeemis and other higher ranked people but everyone is welcome to view at it.

I was thinking instead of uploading just sprites,portraits and enemy sprites, we expand on this and add more things such as custom spell animations, Screenshots of Custom Maps and maybe Boss Scripts (probally not)

And we should take it as serious as it is for sprites, I am willing to check all the spell animations. I think the rules should be that it needs to have a sound effect, a Video showing it (this would be how you submit it)

I'm posting this becuase not all of us are spriters and this could bring out some new talents.

Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
well there are no objections to that, the only thing is some people might night be able 2 post videos or

but I am down 4 this if Zeemis is

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 12
Thanks Received: 4
Thanks Given: 2
Status
Lucky-Girl
(09-18-2010, 06:54 AM)Poco Loco Wrote: some people might night be able 2 post videos

Like me, for example. My computer always goes LOL 'WAT' with video recording software.

Screenshots I could do, though.

"The doom and gloom is justified.
A couple of people are going to die.
Even though you can turn back the time,
you're always a moment too late!"
  Find

Status
None
If we do screenshots we need a Audio recording thing on the forum its possible and we only need like max 30 seconds. Il check every 1 to make sure there not distorted + have good sound effects Laugh

Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
I'm down for all of it, but I won't go ahead and set anything up until people submit actual IPS files with new spells, maps, etc. That would be a bit presumptuous, and impetuous.
If people wanted to do a custom spell that replaced another spell and make an IPS of it, go ahead. I'd accept it.
Same thing with characters. If you wanted to make an IPS of a character being replaced with your sprite, and had his stats set-up, I'd also accept that. Anyone can download a sprite sheet and import it.

Once we have at least five submissions for any of the things you suggested, I'll make something. Having a section dedicated to solely one submission is not something that seems needed.

If you have never created an IPS patch before, this is how. While this video is for GBA games, it functions the same way with any console game.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IcVoc6vj-o[/youtube]
  Find

Status
None
Cheers Il get to work right away.
I was actually thinking we submitted it like this:

Name:

Author:

Description:

MDE Code:

Video:

Find

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
I actually have some custom magic spells, h/o I'll update them when I get the chance...I might actually do something with the video stuff Ricky sent me.

EDIT: Ricky..um...could you send me the video stuff again? ^-^;
  Find

Threads: 250
Thanks Received: 11
Thanks Given: 7
Status
Traitor
How about submitting the MDE code, as well as a patch overwriting the spells animations?
The patch should also have completed stats, instead of just doing a MDE hack.
  Find

Threads: 88
Thanks Received: 24
Thanks Given: 88
Status
None
(09-18-2010, 11:11 PM)Sutebenukun Wrote: I actually have some custom magic spells, h/o I'll update them when I get the chance...I might actually do something with the video stuff Ricky sent me.

EDIT: Ricky..um...could you send me the video stuff again? ^-^;

which video stuff do u mean exactly?

do u mean the video converter stuff?

"Sometimes ninjas do wrong to each other, and in dat way the force of tha earf' comes around da moon - and at that presence, da dirt, it overshadows the grass, so you're like, I can't cut dis grass, there's no sun comin' through. So in order to enable each other the two fruits have to look each other in da eye and understand we can only be right, as da ripe is wrong, you know what I mean?"

-HNIC

Threads: 50
Thanks Received: 12
Status
None
yeah the video converter
  Find